PS3 Flickering/10second Black Screen problem

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by sa1amandra, Nov 30, 2009.

Nov 30, 2009
  1. sa1amandra
    OP

Member sa1amandra Gazzaro Launching!

Canada
    I opened my PS3 today, and i've been having the issue with my HDMI, it seems that on random invervals that the TV will become black for a few seconds (game is not frozen, meaning it still runs) with no audio, and then goes back to normal. it's very annoying and yes it does affect my gameplay :\.

Any solutions that doesn't involve sending it in?

2. Bloodgod

Member Bloodgod 嵐の王

United States
    TV--HDCP--PS3

somewhere between those steps HDCP fails to clear and you get the blanks screen. IIRC it typically happens with older gen HDTVs.

Long as it happens during XMB--> game boot up, I wouldn't worry to much about it.

Edit: or you got a busted HDMI cable.

3. Mucuna

Member Mucuna GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Yeah, that sometimes happens with my TV (LG), and yes, it's very annoying.

I didn't find any definitive solution for that, but I noticed that, at least in my case, that's something that don't occur always. When you notice that it is blinking a lot, try to change the input (to an AV input, for example), wait a few seconds and chance the input to HDMI again. That usually "fix" it, booting the handshake, I don't know.

If not, try to setup the display again in the media bar.

Sometimes I quit a game and get a black screen, than I notice, when I touch the controller, that the system is there (I hear the "click" sound from the menu). The above "solution" can deal with it too.

4. ShinraArmy

Member ShinraArmy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    That happened with my hdmi cable

try someone else's cable, or just go and buy another one if you're sure that's the issue