Gazzaro Launching!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I opened my PS3 today, and i've been having the issue with my HDMI, it seems that on random invervals that the TV will become black for a few seconds (game is not frozen, meaning it still runs) with no audio, and then goes back to normal. it's very annoying and yes it does affect my gameplay :\.

Any solutions that doesn't involve sending it in?

Bloodgod

嵐の王
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TV--HDCP--PS3

somewhere between those steps HDCP fails to clear and you get the blanks screen. IIRC it typically happens with older gen HDTVs.

Long as it happens during XMB--> game boot up, I wouldn't worry to much about it.

Edit: or you got a busted HDMI cable.

Mucuna

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah, that sometimes happens with my TV (LG), and yes, it's very annoying.

I didn't find any definitive solution for that, but I noticed that, at least in my case, that's something that don't occur always. When you notice that it is blinking a lot, try to change the input (to an AV input, for example), wait a few seconds and chance the input to HDMI again. That usually "fix" it, booting the handshake, I don't know.

If not, try to setup the display again in the media bar.

Sometimes I quit a game and get a black screen, than I notice, when I touch the controller, that the system is there (I hear the "click" sound from the menu). The above "solution" can deal with it too.

ShinraArmy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That happened with my hdmi cable

try someone else's cable, or just go and buy another one if you're sure that's the issue

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: