Ps3 feature on Vita

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Games & Content' started by Virdoo, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Virdoo
    OP

Virdoo GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    Hi,

Im planning to buy ps vita and play games from PS3. Unfortunately my ps3 got banned for CFW a while ago. Can I still connect my vita to it?

If not, is there any way to work around it and still play?

2. xwatchmanx

xwatchmanx The Dark Souls of GBAtemp

Feb 13, 2012
    United States
    Chapel Hill, NC
  3. Virdoo
    OP

Virdoo GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    Yes, i'm talking about remote play. From what I've learnt it's possible to play almost every game if you have hacked PS3 with CFW. But i'm still struggling about it.

4. Virdoo
    This message by Virdoo has been removed from public view by DinohScene, Dec 13, 2018, Reason: Dupe post.
    Jul 22, 2018
  5. yadsterv2

yadsterv2 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I've tried remote play on my hacked PS3 slim and it just wasn't worth the effort as the graphics are compressed and don't look that good even with a decent connection. Unfortunately PS2 games don't work with remote play due to some technical stuff that I don't understand. I would love to play Bully on my Vita.

6. eighthdayregret

eighthdayregret fnerrrrrrrrrr!

Sep 27, 2017
    United States
    And that's why every PS4 game released passed a certain date were required to support Remote Play.

But to address the OP's question, it's just not worth it. Even the games on PS3 that do support remote play run like crap on the Vita. Same with PS4. The input lag is just super annoying.
    If Remote Play was something you had your heart set on, you're only going to be disappointed, even in the best of circumstances.

7. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    PS2 mode (whether hardware accelerated or full software emulation) does not have the PS3 kernel running in the background; for the same reason you can't have software fan control or FTP keep running

(some) CFWs auto-unlock remote play, at least on PS3 disc backups (or maybe only extracted GAMES disc backups?)
    For anything else, or just to be sure, you can use a param.sfo editor on your games (then, probably. rebuild the database)

8. xwatchmanx

xwatchmanx The Dark Souls of GBAtemp

Feb 13, 2012
    United States
    Chapel Hill, NC
    It works fine enough when done within a local connection. But online from a distance, it's hit and miss and depends on high speed internet both where your vita and PS4 are. I've had some really horrible lag, but not always, and it's usually workable with enough persistence. I beat one of the hardest bosses in Momodora 4 using online remote play, with heavy lag and a halved frame rate.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Last edited by xwatchmanx, Aug 8, 2018 - Reason: Formatting
  9. Virdoo
    OP

Virdoo GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    Remote play on PS is useless.. I gave up from it. Its not worth its time

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted