PS3 controllers not working

Discussion in 'PS3 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Zorua, Mar 14, 2011.

Mar 14, 2011

PS3 controllers not working by Zorua at 3:24 PM (876 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Zorua
    OP

Zorua Newbie

Hey guys, I'm in a bit of a fix. I hadn't played my PS3 for a while and I just got Killzone 3 today to find that my controllers were not working. I tried plugging them into my ps3 via the usb cable but found that they won't charge. I've tried different USB cables, so it's definitely a problem with my controllers as I've tried other peoples controllers too and they work. I'll be getting them replaced tomorrow as the warranty is still valid, but is there any way to fix them? I'm dying to play Killzone 3.

Thanks! Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    Have you tried charging them from anything other than the PS3? A laptop or PC for instance?

3. Zorua
    OP

Zorua Newbie

Yeah, just tried charging them via my PC. No luck. Nothing happens.

4. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    Then my guess is damage to the USB port of the controller. I don't know enough about PS3 hardware to offer any real assistance there.

You could try contacting Sony support.

5. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    your controller could be fake, especially if you have brought them from ebay, i would investigate further just incase.

6. Zorua
    OP

Zorua Newbie

Nope. I got one with the PS3 and I bought the other one from a Sony store. Oh and they started working after I resetted them so all's good now. [​IMG]