Ps3 Controller on Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by razorvlades, Dec 9, 2012.

Dec 9, 2012

Ps3 Controller on Wii? by razorvlades at 4:59 PM (38,508 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. razorvlades
    OP

Newcomer razorvlades Member

United States
    Can I use a ps3 controller on my softmodded wii to play gamecube games?

2. Psionic Roshambo

Member Psionic Roshambo GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    As far as I know the answer is no, some one would need to at least write some sort of driver for the Wii to work with the PS3 controller and then figure out how to get that into an IOS or something....

In theory it's possible, but I don't know of anyone who has even looked into it?

The answers you get will most likely be "just buy a classic controller."

3. Fishaman P

Member Fishaman P Speedrunner

United States
    At this point in time, you can't even pair a PS3 controller with a Wii.
    Your best bet would be Dolphin, but your PC has to at least be partially beastly (CPU and GPU post-2009)

4. libertyernie

Newcomer libertyernie Advanced Member

United States
    If you just like the design of the controller, pick up a PS1/PS2 controller and an adapter, to connect it to either the Wii Remote (as a classic controller) or a GameCube controller port.

5. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    I think the method above is your best bet. I remember hearing about people using those for mario kart wii.

6. Sop

Banned Sop groovy dude lmao

Australia
  7. Riicky

Member Riicky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
  8. ComeTurismO

Member ComeTurismO CTO

Canada
    You just gave me the answer to my question. Now I shall not say the story and fade away.......

9. Maxternal

Member Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

Costa Rica
    Both of those are pretty cool. The first one is particularly impressive IMO.
    BUT
    At the moment, in order to play a GameCube game you'll have to connect something into your GameCube port on your Wii (hoping yours is one of the ones that has them) so you'd actually need something like this
    http://dx.com/p/playstation-2-ps2-t...1329?rt=1&p=2&m=2&r=3&k=1&t=1&s=54000&u=21329
    (which was linked to on the bottom of the page in the second link posted above.)

Those devices will work great ONCE Devolution finishes it's wiimote support.

EDIT : Oh, and although the idea of putting the driver in the IOS can't be done for GameCube (which doesn't use an IOS unless through Devolution) I'm sure it could be done for Wii games. Something similar has been done with 360 controllers but just never released to the public.
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/devolution-speculation-thread.322683/page-16#post-4222612