Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Now, I'm certain going online on CFW is a bad idea, I'm just wondering what my options are.

What choices do I have when it comes to installing PS3 CFW and my PSN account? I'm assuming there's no way I can keep all my purchases AND install CFW. So what can I do to keep my PSN account safe? I figured I could format my console, but how do I back up all my save files and content first?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Reactions: Meriadoc

x0x0

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Never use your main psn account on CFW, deactivate your psn account on PS3. Restore PS3 then install CFW. Your account should be fine. About saves let someone say.

Meriadoc

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Follow because i'm in the same situation. Maybe dual boot is the solution, please let me know how do you solve this problem

Porthos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Hi turning this around, I have no desire to ever login into PSN/play online and have disabled auto sign-in for my account, turned off remember password, changed NP environment on debug to invalid and only plug into the LAN to FTP in to the PS3. Although I know there is always an element of risk, is it so minimal that I shouldn't worry about it now?

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Alright, so no online. Got it.

Next question is how do I back up my save files and content to then later use after installing CFW. I was planning on backing up, formatting, then copying the files I need back on one by one.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Another vote for 'don't do it'. My old Phat PS3 got banned, and one of my 3 accounts got banned. No idea why just the one did.

There are precautions you can take, but you're playing with fire if you have lots of PSN purchases you risk losing. PSN ain't going anywhere near my new CFW Slim.

Reactions: CallmeBerto

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its actually quite easy to avoid getting banned... Since I bought most of my games, I would just use reactpsn to install the games I owned and just used a different psn account on cfw. The best solution for the saves would be to just back them all up and then resign all of them to your new account. Youd just need one game save from the new account to get the id to resign them all. And the games, again I would suggest reactpsn. Yes, it can be used to pirate games, but as long as you just use your rifs (I dont know if they are called those since I havent touched my ps3 in so long) you should be fine. I made a separate profile that didnt have an account logged into it and installed reactpsn ontop of that so that I wouldnt get banned on the account I was using.

PSN Patch and PSNinja are your friends as well :) just never sign in with syscalls active and dont sign in with homebrew running :D
Been using the same PSN account on my CFW ps3 since day one and have not been banend :D that was like 8 years ago that I made it too

Last edited by Lumince,
Reactions: KeoniAzugon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM