Tutorial  Updated

Not getting banned on PS3 CFW PSN

This tutorial will be simple as long as you decide to keep it simple, okay? Getting banned on a PS3 CFW has been very rare for me. It's all because of the tutorial I am about to give you. Not doing one of these steps could impact your ban factor. Part of the tutorial is for DEX and the other is for CEX so if you don't know which one you are then you are CEX. This tutorial is for PSN only.

Requirements>------

PS3 CFW
Backup Manager (If you play backup games)
Rebug Toolbox (If you are on a DEX console)
PSN account (Without this it's useless)
PSNPatch
PSNinja

Steps>------
1. Disable PS3 internet connection.
2. If you use backup games then load the backup game first.
3. Open PSNPatch
4. Either hold Triangle or X it doesn't matter. (I usually choose Triangle)
5. It should then exit the application and the PS3 should beep once.
6. Open PSNinja and select options 1, 2, 3, and 5 then exit.
7. Now you can sign in to PSN.
8. Enable PS3 internet connection.
1. Disable PS3 internet connection.
2. If you use backup games then load the backup game first.
3. Open Rebug Toolbox, check your system information to double check if you are DEX. (It will say DEX or CEX, if it says both something is wrong with the way you flashed.)
4. Go over to Utilities then go all the way down to, "Change Active PS3ID", it should say "No".
5. Click on it then select, "Use EID5: 84 (CEX)". Then let it do it's thing and exit afterwards.
6. Open PSNPatch
7. Either hold Triangle or X it doesn't matter. (I usually choose Triangle)
8. It should then exit the application and the PS3 should beep once.
9. Open PSNinja and select options 1, 2, 3, and 5 then exit.
10. Now you can sign in to PSN.
11. Enable PS3 internet connection.

Extra Tips>------

1. If you like to clear you're history after you are done playing online you should go to some games and play them for a few minutes so that Sony doesn't see you online for 4 hours, but playing nothing. That could be suspicious for them.
2. Don't be an idiot. This is simple, modding is an easy way out of PSN. I don't mod which is the reason I have a long standing CID.
3. Don't share CID numbers. If Sony can see two CID numbers online at the same time it can get suspicious.

Conclusion>------

You can now go online to PSN on a DEX or CEX. Now keep in mind this tutorial is only for PSN and not for the game banning servers. I will be making a tutorial for how to get online in a game no ban. Hope this helps!

WARNING: A BAN IS NOT MY RESPONSIBILITY! ONLY YOU'RE RESPONSIBILITY!
Edited: Added some more steps to ensure no ban. 9/11/2016.

Last edited by Zero72463,

jerzmob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just disable cfw syscalls and remove history using webman mod's R2+/\. aldo also recommended turning off webman but i have not done so and i'm still alive.

Zero72463

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats your psn id? And i mean your primarry one. Dear op why do u own a ps2 and not even run fmcb?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

?

I do own a PS2. I don't play it though. Stop acting ignorant man. This is just more proof you are talking without evening doing you're research. I have a CFW PS3 for god's sake. I can play PS2 anytime I want. I don't want to see you on my tutorials anymore. You don't appreciate it you can screw off.

Reactions: Kvnrdrguez

th3joker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do own a PS2. I don't play it though. Stop acting ignorant man. This is just more proof you are talking without evening doing you're research. I have a CFW PS3 for god's sake. I can play PS2 anytime I want. I don't want to see you on my tutorials anymore. You don't appreciate it you can screw off.
Baa i ask a simple question. No need to get pissy about it. I read your sig and found it odd u modded everything but the ps2 lol. And they are just so easy to mod. U must be a edgy 16 year old kid who cant stand others opinions that arent in line with yours. Its ok ill just block and ignore you and your useless posts

Reactions: Zero72463

Zero72463

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Baa i ask a simple question. No need to get pissy about it. I read your sig and found it odd u modded everything but the ps2 lol. And they are just so easy to mod. U must be a edgy 16 year old kid who cant stand others opinions that arent in line with yours. Its ok ill just block and ignore you and your useless posts

:yay:

D

Deleted User

Damn; this could've been a sweet guide to follow if I hadn't have already been banned last month. :nayps3:

I suppose if I was to get a fresh CFW PS3 in the future this would prove useful for me even more!

Thanks for this, dude! :yayps3:

th3joker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn; this could've been a sweet guide to follow if I hadn't have already been banned last month. :nayps3:

I suppose if I was to get a fresh CFW PS3 in the future this would prove useful for me even more!

Thanks for this, dude! :yayps3:
Did you get a account or console ban? I know u can unban a console by changing the psid. How did u get banned? Played online with a backup?

Reactions: Zero72463
D

Deleted User

Did you get a account or console ban? I know u can unban a console by changing the psid. How did u get banned? Played online with a backup?
Both perma account and console ban. And I haven't ever played online with a backup. I only really used my PS3 for browsing the PS Store / activating my PS3 / adding people. That's at least all I can remember doing...

No you unban by changing idps.
Wait, really? I thought you had to change your CID?

Zero72463

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both perma account and console ban. And I haven't ever played online with a backup. I only really used my PS3 for browsing the PS Store / activating my PS3 / adding people. That's at least all I can remember doing...

Wait, really? I thought you had to change your CID?

CID has another name known as idps. They are the same thing. @Voxel should I make a unban tutorial later?

D

Deleted User

CID has another name known as idps. They are the same thing.
Ah, I never knew that. Thought they were completely different things lol.
I am assuming there isn't really a free way to change it without using another person's IDPS? (I see a number of people selling their IDPSs/CIDs on the internet...)

Zero72463

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I never knew that. Thought they were completely different things lol.
I am assuming there isn't really a free way to change it without using another person's IDPS? (I see a number of people selling their IDPSs/CIDs on the internet...)

No. Buying is bs as well so yeah.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1