Hacking PS3 3.60 KEYS LEAKED!

Tom

Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded them , I have no Idea what I'm looking at XD

Edit: I looked on reputable ps3 hack sites and it is confirmed.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can personally confirm that this is real and a certain tool released to patch 3.60 games WORKS. Since that tool contains the keys, I'm not gonna post it here, but it shouldn't be too difficult to find.

Worked real easy too. I just dragged the USRDIR folder from Shadows of the Damned on top of this tool, let it work, then used the newly created files to launch the game from MultiMan. I can try to do a video later this weekend on the process.

All in all a great stride forward. A means to play more games on 3.55, and I'm certain this will eventually lead to 3.60 CFW. Although if it doesn't end up being needed in the long run, I'll stick with my 3.55kmeaw. ^_^

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm certain this will eventually lead to 3.60 CFW
There is no reason for it to. Without the 3.60 private keys (which are not included in this leak), a 3.60 CFW could not be encrypted to install from 3.60 OFW, so it'd still only work as an upgrade from 3.55, and unless there are significant new features on 3.60 over 3.55 (which I'm fairly sure there aren't), there would be no reason to update from 3.55 to a 3.60 CFW. Once the E3 team release more keys for later FWs (possibly right up to 4.21?), it might be possible to create a CFW based on a newer FW such as 4.21, in which case you'd gain the new features added officially between 3.55 and 4.21, but it would still only be possible as an update from 3.55 as I understand it (unless some new exploit is found).

EDIT: At least, this is my understanding of the situation. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I spent a lot of time reading around about the PS3 scene last night, and I think this is accurate.

Reactions: 1 person

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no reason for it to. Without the 3.60 private keys (which are not included in this leak), a 3.60 CFW could not be encrypted to install from 3.60 OFW,

Ya know, I completely forgot that there were different keys. You are correct. But however you look at it this is a great stride forward. I'm just happy to be using my hacked PS3 again. (I've been using my legit one more thanks to Netflix and PS+.) Now for my GameFly queue to be worked through! ^_^

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why are keys not allowed to be posted here?

It violates the US DMCA and other country and world laws. It can however be posted in non-usable ways (many of which are pretty artistic)such as ASCII art, screen captures of the keys, non-compilable code with obfuscation of the keys, screen captures of compilable code with or without the keys obfuscated, and even poetry. This was all done in protest to the legal trouble that Jon Johansen and others got into over releasing the CSS keys for DVD decryption. The courts upheld these works since they were unusable in their current format. People will do this with this code perhaps but gbatemp still won't allow them because it would invite legal action upon them even if it is precendented to be legit.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
SifJar is right (and he don't even have a PS3! just reading and learning ;))

@[member='MarcusRaven']:
About the decryption of the games, you should use ebootfix (not ebootmod) and drag/drop the PS3_game folder, not only the usrdir as some games contains encrypted files on other folders too.
well, it might depends on the game, not all of them have multiple files to decrypt.

Edit:

Additional info on "3.60 CFW" possibility.

To sign and encrypt for 3.60, you need the private key.
That key is NOT included anywhere on the console or firmware.
That key is private (as his name suggest) and known only by Sony.
To decrypt an encrypted file, the consoles and firmware have Public keys (which where leaked).

The private key was found on previous firmware because Sony used always the same "key" on each different encrypted files.
By using the same key on multiple files, it was a flaw which led to reconstruct the private key by analyzing the way the files where encrypted with some specific calculation. (a key always encrypted the same way)

Starting on Firmware 3.60 (or was it already on 3.56?), they changed the private key AND are now using a different (random) numbers for different encrypted files to prevent users to reconstruct it.

Knowing the public keys won't lead anymore to private keys, unless Sony use the same random number for different files again. (but we can't know which files use the same one or not).

Reactions: 1 person

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='MarcusRaven']:
About the decryption of the games, you should use ebootfix (not ebootmod) and drag/drop the PS3_game folder, not only the usrdir as some games contains encrypted files on other folders too.
well, it might depends on the game, not all of them have multiple files to decrypt.

Yup, that's exactly what I did with Shadows of the Damned. I was just being a bit vague in case I let too much slip and violated the rules. Touchy subject. Lol.

SotD works fine, but I'll keep the folder thng in mind for other games. Thanks.

ouch123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SifJar is right (and he don't even have a PS3! just reading and learning ;))

@[member='MarcusRaven']:

Edit:

Additional info on "3.60 CFW" possibility.

To sign and encrypt for 3.60, you need the private key.
That key is NOT included anywhere on the console or firmware.
That key is private (as his name suggest) and known only by Sony.
To decrypt an encrypted file, the consoles and firmware have Public keys (which where leaked).

The private key was found on previous firmware because Sony used always the same "key" on each different encrypted files.
By using the same key on multiple files, it was a flaw which led to reconstruct the private key by analyzing the way the files where encrypted with some specific calculation. (a key always encrypted the same way)

Starting on Firmware 3.60 (or was it already on 3.56?), they changed the private key AND are now using a different (random) numbers for different encrypted files to prevent users to reconstruct it.

Knowing the public keys won't lead anymore to private keys, unless Sony use the same random number for different files again. (but we can't know which files use the same one or not).
Very insightful post, I personally thank you for this. :)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The terms and reality might be a little different, but it's the main idea ;)
it won't be found anymore the same way the old keys were found because they changed the way they are using theirs keys.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's not really spoofing.
Spoofing works for games (making the games think you have the correct firmware version already installed and don't need to install the update).
The PSN was recently working by using the correct pass-phrase that sony used on recent firmwares.

I think the latest pass-phrase is unknown, but if/when it will be discovered it will be added to CFWs such as ReBug.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great job to all involved that were able to obtain the 3.60 keys. :) Props and brews to all the gents and ladies that made it possible.

I'm also curious about one thing though; I know that since 3.56 Sony also started doing a whitelist, wherein theory, only 'approved' software would be listed as allowed to run on these newer firmwares, while everything else would be blocked. With this new information, wouldn't it be possible to make a modified 3.60 firmware where that whitelist is fed a wildcard like "*" and then basically get the ps3 to run any and everything?

This was just one idea I had, but I would think if this is how the ps3's OS handles things, doing such a maneuver should allow any and everything to run (save for anything that actually does require newer firmware), which would be awesome.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
game keys will not allow cfw 3.60. they use different key sets. up to 3.41 or 3.55 there were 6 key sets for any given firmware with each running different things; now there r 12. these keys r only 3 or 4 of those. as far as I know, u'd need the 3.60 firmware key, but that entry is left blank in scetools. it would likely require going through metldr 2 which was implemented after the original (pre 3.60) was cracked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1