Hacking PS3 3.55 buying guide

TherealDarknes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow is that the typical US price? They're much cheaper over here that's for sure.
Yeah I don't know what he's talking about there around 160 here on average for modded slims/fats that aren't banned as for backwards compatible i have no clue

Sometimes there a tad more expensive like 170 to 190 and they can be cheaper than 160 if you get a decent deal

britain4

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I don't know what he's talking about there around 160 here on average for modded slims/fats that aren't banned as for backwards compatible i have no clue

Sometimes there a tad more expensive like 170 to 190 and they can be cheaper than 160 if you get a decent deal

Yeah I thought that sounded a bit crazy.

That's still a lot more than over here - I picked up a CFW reballed fat for £50 (what's that like less than $70?) and you can get CFW slims all day long for £80-90.

Heck I got my debug station for less than $350 including costs to get it reballed and that's after I paid full price for a working one (scamming seller)

TherealDarknes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I thought that sounded a bit crazy.

That's still a lot more than over here - I picked up a CFW reballed fat for £50 (what's that like less than $70?) and you can get CFW slims all day long for £80-90.

Heck I got my debug station for less than $350 including costs to get it reballed and that's after I paid full price for a working one (scamming seller)
That's about 65 usd but are you buying online or in person because I'm talking about eBay price I have only bought from eBay and Facebook Facebook was definitely the better deal so eBay is probably just overpriced

britain4

Trophies
XP
Country
That's about 65 usd but are you buying online or in person because I'm talking about eBay price I have only bought from eBay and Facebook Facebook was definitely the better deal so eBay is probably just overpriced

That was on eBay and so were the slims I've looked at. Haven't really browsed Facebook yet but Gumtree isn't much better than eBay price wise. Console sellers on Gumtree seem more honest than eBay though, usually inviting me in and letting me test the console before buying it etc.

Maybe there's just less interest in that sort of thing over here because they don't seem to sell for much more than ones running >3.55 OFW

Last edited by britain4,

britain4

Trophies
XP
Country

OK just got a reballed BC model running CFW with a 500gb hard drive, for £40 lol

britain4

Trophies
XP
Country
How very odd

Very odd but I am happy :D

Through an acquaintance admittedly (though I did meet them through eBay paying £60 on there for another reballed fat) but still had to share it to demonstrate the power of asking around sometimes.

The shell isn't too pretty but I have a nicer one lying round to transfer it to

Last edited by britain4,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: