Hardware PS2 - to - Wii controller adapter

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How are the stock buttons/joystick on the TvC controller? I'd rather not replace them if I didn't have to. Also, are you aware of where I can get the TvC stick?

There's also this.. http://www.xgaming.com/store/arcade-joysticks-and-game-controllers/product/x-arcade-solo-joystick/ I actually own the X-Arcade Tankstick which I use with another arcade I made, but even the X-Arcade Solo is so dang huge..
The X- Arcade stick is a decent american style arcade stick. Main problem with the X- Arcade sticks are that with using adapters/converters for them, they have input delay. Using it on a PC is fine though.

With any arcade stick when used over time you eventually have to replace parts in them but as far as the TvC stick is concerned, the parts last in them for a long time. You want to check retro game stores if you have any in your area for one since i doubt gamestop carries these arcade sticks anymore. Online wise Amazon or Ebay is your best bet. Madcatz, Capcom store, and Gameshark online websites used to sell them but now they do not.

Reactions: Haloman800

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The X- Arcade stick is a decent american style arcade stick. Main problem with the X- Arcade sticks are that with using adapters/converters for them, they have input delay. Using it on a PC is fine though.

With any arcade stick when used over time you eventually have to replace parts in them but as far as the TvC stick is concerned, the parts last in them for a long time. You want to check retro game stores if you have any in your area for one since i doubt gamestop carries these arcade sticks anymore. Online wise Amazon or Ebay is your best bet. Madcatz, Capcom store, and Gameshark online websites used to sell them but now they do not.

I think I'm going with the X-Arcade. My only concern now is input lag when using a converter, I was searching and found this review http://www.gizmag.com/x-arcade-dual-joystick-review/11092/ which states there isn't any. Is it personal experience that makes you say there is or did you read it somewhere else?
Thanks so much for your help, you saved me from getting the mayflash.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me it was from personal experience when using a adapter for it with ps2 and xbox 360 adapters. It will most likely depend on the adapter used for the arcade stick and how it reacts to it. Using a arcade stick with an adapter plus playing online with it you should notice input delay. Offline you should be fine. Btw with X-Arcade sticks using a wii adapter on it is considering you already have the ps2 adapter for it so technically you would be using 2 adapters with it since it is normally a usb only arcade stick as shown in the pictures in the link below.

http://www.xgaming.com/pages/adapters/

No problem helping you out. I use arcade sticks a lot so i figured i would help. :)

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So I know I'm bumping this thread, but I just needed to ask. I got one of the adapters the OP posted ages ago (i.e. http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-White-C...ideo_Game_Cables_Adapters&hash=item5404adb5c2) It seemed to be working other than the fact that my Dualshock 2 at the time was partially broken.

So after a long time, I just got a used Dualshock 2 today which I know for sure is definitely working, but the adapter doesn't respond at all to any button presses (the analog light however does turn on and off when I press the analog button). I plugged in my old semi-broken controller to see if it responded to that, but now it doesn't even respond to that controller. Am I missing something? Is it literally supposed to be plug-n-play or am I retarded?

hockey2112

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I know I'm bumping this thread, but I just needed to ask. I got one of the adapters the OP posted ages ago (i.e. http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-White-C...ideo_Game_Cables_Adapters&hash=item5404adb5c2) It seemed to be working other than the fact that my Dualshock 2 at the time was partially broken.

So after a long time, I just got a used Dualshock 2 today which I know for sure is definitely working, but the adapter doesn't respond at all to any button presses (the analog light however does turn on and off when I press the analog button). I plugged in my old semi-broken controller to see if it responded to that, but now it doesn't even respond to that controller. Am I missing something? Is it literally supposed to be plug-n-play or am I retarded?

Yes, it should be plug-and-play. I replaced my broken DualShock 2 with a generic Gamestop PS2 controller, and it works great.

fathead2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wanted to get the Mayflash adapter to use a PS2 controller for the new Wii U Smash Bros. game. It says the game will be compatible with all Wii controllers/remotes.
Can anyone confirm if it works on Wii U games compatible with Wii controllers?
Also, this may be an odd question but I read on a review that the adapter makes the PS2 controller buttons act slightly different. That you have to press the buttons very firmly to register. Anyone notice this?

Thanks a lot, much appreciated

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again