PS1/2 PS2 - Region Disc Help

1stkirbyever

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got sick of trying to get both those old ways working (HDD/Cogswap) and decided to just buy some game(s), well I'm running the Swap Magic 3.8.elf file and every time I run my NTSC-J game, I either get a "Please insert a PLAYSTATION© or PLAYSTATION2© format disc." or I end up at a black screen. I am about to throw my PS2 out a window, is it because I'm running an .elf file? Please help me out here.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a US ps2 cant run games from JP thats why he needs to use swap magic

Ive ran NTSC-J games fine on cogswap and hd loader so im not sure whats the problem

1stkirbyever

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:

Ive ran NTSC-J games fine on cogswap and hd loader so im not sure whats the problem

Well it seem it's Kingdom hearts 2: Final mix+, every other disc works except that one. Any idea why? Is the TOC too small or something?

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:

:wtf: really?

I never knew this, I assumed that it would run all NTSC games because I've just been ESR patching my Japanese games and they work just fine.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
CrashmanX said:
Joe88 said:

:wtf: really?

I never knew this, I assumed that it would run all NTSC games because I've just been ESR patching my Japanese games and they work just fine.

Yes, in that case the ESR is element that bypasses it.

With normal unmodded PS2 A import game would react like a burned game.

Europeans have SO much fun time with this shite because there is pile of games that were released in US, yes, but not in europe (and Australia)
Oh the fun time and investment a european has to make to play some Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories or Tales of the Abyss legally...

1stkirbyever

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bennyroger said:
swapmagic comes with 2 disks, one is for ps2 games on dvd the other for ps2 games on cd, have you tried both disks?

I don't have the discs, I've been using an .elf file of the 3.8 PLUS coder version. It's not my laser either as everything else works other than Final Mix+. I don't know if it's because I'm not running a retailed Swap Magic disc, though I did read up that games with multiple .elf files will not work with Swap Magic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.