Ps2 Iso's on Rebug 4.82

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by DieVorspeise, Feb 8, 2018.

1. DieVorspeise
    OP

DieVorspeise Member

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2016
    Germany
    Hey Guys, i just bought myself a Ps3 and installed Rebug 4.82.

My overall plan was to use the Ps3 for Psx/Ps2 Games because i don't own these consoles anymore.
    Problem is that i can not manage to launch Ps2 Iso's, since i'm new to the topic i already searched through the internet for a solution.
    I use Multiman, enabled Cobra and also installed Webman. Whenever i try to load an Iso, i just get a blackscreen and my Ps3 reboots.

EDIT: I try to load Iso from internal drive, not external

It seems like this is a common problem but i found no help, so what can i do?

Last edited by DieVorspeise, Feb 8, 2018
  2. triber

triber Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2014
    Malaysia
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    which version of the PS3's did you get?

3. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Addict

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    Version does not matter for ps2 emulation with cfw. You sldo need to install the ps2 place holder

4. spraydom22

spraydom22 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2017
    Israel
    You put it in the PS2ISO folder ( usually /dev_hdd0/PS2ISO ) and you verifed the ISO rip is good and it's ok on the list http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/PS2_Classics_Emulator_Compatibility_List ?

5. DieVorspeise
    OP

DieVorspeise Member

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2016
    Germany
  6. THEELEMENTKH

THEELEMENTKH -

May 31, 2016
    Spain
    Are you trying to mount the iso through webman?
    My BC PS3 blackscreens if I'm too quick to boot any mounted PS2 iso, I have to wait a few seconds until the "X game mounted" popup dissapears to avoid getting the black screen (so maybe webman mounts ps2 isos a bit slower i guess)

7. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
  8. DieVorspeise
    OP

DieVorspeise Member

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2016
    Germany
    Ps2 Iso i get the notification in Top right that it loaded the iso successfully and I can start via xmb -> Blackscreen

Ps1 Iso i get an error notification on top right

9. spraydom22

spraydom22 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2017
    Israel
    Might want to try a different ISO. http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/PS2_Emulation#Config_file_examples_.28for_netemu.29 suggests there is a configuration file needed for persona 3.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

alternatively. try ferrox 4.82

10. Mark McDonut

Mark McDonut GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster

Oct 8, 2008
    United States
    first download reactpsn (google it, not sure of link legality here)
    then go to https://rebug.me/downloads/
    scroll all the way down to the bottom and download the rap file and the pkg for the ps2 launcher
    install the pkg with package manager, and put the rap file in usb:\exdata\
    create an account named aa on your system
    using account aa, log onto it and run reactpsn which will activate the rap file in usb:\exdata\ for the ps2 launcher title on your system
    log back on as you, mount the ps2 iso as you did before with webman and try launching from disc icon on xmb and if you still have trouble, try launching the ps2 launcher you installed as an app once you mount the appropriate iso.

this was what i did and something along the line got it working on my ps3 slim, able to play aqua teen hunger force golf and gta vice city stories perfectly.

Last edited by Mark McDonut, Feb 12, 2018
  11. wakabayashy

wakabayashy GBAtemp Fan

Dec 25, 2014
    France
    France
    you have just to put them on ps2iso folder and activate cobra mode in toolbox rebug

webman will load it and let you launch

but if you do all this and it gives you black screen, it seems that your iso is corrupted ?