Hacking PS2 ISO's Black Screen Rebug 4.86 CECHA01

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, I'm not sure if I screwed something up with a hotkey that my controller accidentally pressed. But my CECHA01 is giving me a black screen whenever I boot a PS2 ISO mounted with Webman, or sLaunch. PS2, shouldn't have had any YLOD issues. It was fine when I got it and I have the Max Temp set at 55C. How do I fix this? Because it used to be working. Should I just reinstall Rebug? How do I do that?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen sen enabler cause problems with ps2 iso files for some people, including me. that's why I never use it. the only way I know of to correct it (if that's the problem) is formatting the hdd.

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've seen sen enabler cause problems with ps2 iso files for some people, including me. that's why I never use it. the only way I know of to correct it (if that's the problem) is formatting the hdd.
How do I safely format the HDD with Rebug installed? Will I have to completely reinstall it (flash the NAND) or just reinstall the PUP? Also formatting the HDD is going to suck because I have retransfer 680GB of stuff, are there any other causes I can rule out first?

Last edited by OldGnashburg,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure. you might want to wait for another person who has a similar issue, but with me, I couldn't mount wmm after exiting a ps2 game. I'm just assuming that's the problem, because sen enabler has been known to screw up ps2 playback for many people. if it's a slim or later phat, you'll have to reinstall the firmware as 90% of it is on the hdd. only the core os is on the chips.

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure. you might want to wait for another person who has a similar issue, but with me, I couldn't mount wmm after exiting a ps2 game. I'm just assuming that's the problem, because sen enabler has been known to screw up ps2 playback for many people. if it's a slim or later phat, you'll have to reinstall the firmware as 90% of it is on the hdd. only the core os is on the chips.
It's a day one Model CECHA01, so does that mean I just format the HDD and all the Rebug stuff should still be there? No reinstalling necessary? I did update WebMan Mod recently could that have broken stuff? I just updated from the previous version to the latest version. Also is there a way to reset Rebug to it's defaults? Or is that just reinstalling? Is reinstalling just matter of running the Rebug UPDAT.PUP?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, just run the rebug update through the recovery menu to see if it's a firmware problem. with my issue, it didn't matter if I was even on a different firmware. the problem still persisted. afaik, you won't have to reinstall rebug if it's an original phat, but it's not difficult to do even if it were to ask you to. you don't have to go through the hfw procedure again.

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yes, just run the rebug update through the recovery menu to see if it's a firmware problem. with my issue, it didn't matter if I was even on a different firmware. the problem still persisted. afaik, you won't have to reinstall rebug if it's an original phat, but it's not difficult to do even if it were to ask you to. you don't have to go through the hfw procedure again.
Yeah. I wouldn't think it would be difficult. I just wasn't sure I'd have to flash the NAND again using BGToolset or not. I don't do I?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, it will be painless to try.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

if qa flag in rebug toolbox, you can even install rebug 4.84 rex. I know it works on there as that's what I have.

however, always disable the spoof first to prevent any problems.

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
no, it will be painless to try.

if qa flag in rebug toolbox, you can even install rebug 4.84 rex. I know it works on there as that's what I have.

however, always disable the spoof first to prevent any problems.
Okay that's good to know. Wait I can install 4.84 REX even though I have 4.86.1 CEX installed? I don't have to downgrade or something? Also which spoof are you referring to? I only installed SEN Enabler because I couldn't figure out how to spoof my firmware when Sony dropped 4.87.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's recommended to remove that spoof before upgrading/downgrading/reinstalling firmware. and, yes, you can install lower firmware with qa flagging. that's what I did when I was on ferrox. the new system I bought had a lot of problems, so I upgraded to 4.85, then downgraded back to 4.84.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol