PS1/2 PS2 Emulation on PC?

ambitous21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tongue.gif
i know i'm getting ahead of myself here, havent even finished all the psx games i said i would..
but while looking around i found this:

http://www.pcsx2.net/index.php

all i can say is WOW.. does that thing actually work?! anyone tried it before?
the compatibility list has games such as
dragon quest VIII
final fantasy X
final fantasy XII
as playable!!

this would be great, as i would definitely have some fun with games i haven't played yet, since my ps2 broke down.
i do know it requires a very powerful computer though

QUOTE said:
PS2 Emulation is a complex task, far worse than emulating a console from the previous generation (PlayStation1, N64, Saturn), simply due to the CPU power required to get 'playable' speeds from a PS2 game under emulation. Whilst speed can be improved via various 'recompilers' (eeREC and vuREC, Emotion Engine recompiler and Vector Unit CPU recompiler respectively), you will still need the latest and most powerfull machine you can get your hands on to even break the 30 FPS mark.

i'm currently on a laptop thats using Duo Core T2250 @ 1.73GHz with 1 gig ram, NVIDIA GeForce GO 7300 graphics card
but i doubt it's powerful enough to run smooth framerates..

so.. anyone tried it? what are the results?

Devil_Spawn

Trophies
XP
Country
playable means works for the start of the game to the end, however it doesnt mean it is runs at a playable framerate, as there are only 5 or so games that do on a reasonable pc

and no, your pc is not powerful enough

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 27th is going to be good entertainment first presidential debate