PS1/2 PS1 / S-VIDEO / BLACK & WHITE PAL GAMES

SunFoxes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I have American PS1 (7501) and a smart cartridge (Game Shark with auto stop disc) for running imported games. There are no problems with Japanese games, but European games with a black and white image. Official Sony S-Video cable will solve this problem? Or need ONLY RGB Scart cable?
PS: my tv is LED Samsung 32.
Thanx!!!=)

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hmmm... I don't think a S-Video cable will make it work, but I don't know.
I am posting here out of curiosity more than anything.
Back in the day when I played PAL games on my NTSC PS1, black and white wasn't the only problem.
I also got music skipping often and other weird things, I guess some of the devices you are using fixes that problem? or not? (I used a modchip back then).

PS: I am not answering your question because I don't really know, but I will read further replies on this thread.

SunFoxes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm... I don't think a S-Video cable will make it work, but I don't know.
I am posting here out of curiosity more than anything.
Back in the day when I played PAL games on my NTSC PS1, black and white wasn't the only problem.
I also got music skipping often and other weird things, I guess some of the devices you are using fixes that problem? or not? (I used a modchip back then).

PS: I am not answering your question because I don't really know, but I will read further replies on this thread.
If you have audio issues when using these custom files. It's due to there not being enough audio tracks on the disc you use to boot up with. So if you have a burned game with 10 audio tracks and you use a game to boot with that has only a data track the audio will skip. To fix this use a boot disc that has more audio tracks than the burned game you are playing. Tomb Raider has 40+ and Mortal Kombat Trilogy has 40+ as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: if only it could read dvds then you would just need 1 disc