Gaming PS1 multi disc game and changing game ID?

sdtt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My apology if similar question has been asked before, I did do a quick search but see no one sharing a similar problem. Question, is it normal for the multi disc eboot to change ID on itself once you've changed disc? I specifically made sure that the game ID stays the same during the conversion process in PSX2PSP. Yet if the eboot boots on disc 2, the game ID reflects its real ID, 94164, instead of the one I manually selected for it, 94163; making the codes obsolete since they only apply to the first disc. Is this issue inherent in all built in multi disc eboot? I suppose I could always try to edit the cheat or even duplicate them for disc 2 and 3, but I'd like to see if there's a way for the ID to stay consistent.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I wouldn't have a clue, because I don't do multi eboots.

Wouldn't it be easier to have an eboot for each disc with the same game ID?
If you don't have to files to convert to eboot any more, you can use Extract ISO from PSP2PSX menu.

sdtt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose so. At least they made the disc transition really easy and obvious. Still better than loading disc 1 save, load disc 1, quit program, get in, load disc 2 save, then finally change to disc 2.

[EDIT] Nope. Blasted thing is still being retarded. Even single boot disc doesn't change the game ID at all. !$#%#$^!@#$!@#%

Dallasnc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthrea...6134&page=2
This could help however I have not tried it yet I just have FFVII disk 1 so far on my psp.
Hope I helped
smile.gif

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh good, another thread I can hijack.
ph34r.gif

For multi-disk eboots, should I have the same ID for each disk or have each disk with its real ID?

Not interested in cheats, just want the game to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-granite-ridge-zen-5-desktop-cp...