PS1 multi disc game and changing game ID?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by sdtt, Feb 2, 2010.

Feb 2, 2010
  1. sdtt
    OP

Newcomer sdtt Newbie

United States
    My apology if similar question has been asked before, I did do a quick search but see no one sharing a similar problem. Question, is it normal for the multi disc eboot to change ID on itself once you've changed disc? I specifically made sure that the game ID stays the same during the conversion process in PSX2PSP. Yet if the eboot boots on disc 2, the game ID reflects its real ID, 94164, instead of the one I manually selected for it, 94163; making the codes obsolete since they only apply to the first disc. Is this issue inherent in all built in multi disc eboot? I suppose I could always try to edit the cheat or even duplicate them for disc 2 and 3, but I'd like to see if there's a way for the ID to stay consistent.

2. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    I wouldn't have a clue, because I don't do multi eboots.

Wouldn't it be easier to have an eboot for each disc with the same game ID?
    If you don't have to files to convert to eboot any more, you can use Extract ISO from PSP2PSX menu.

3. sdtt
    OP

Newcomer sdtt Newbie

United States
    I suppose so. At least they made the disc transition really easy and obvious. Still better than loading disc 1 save, load disc 1, quit program, get in, load disc 2 save, then finally change to disc 2.

[EDIT] Nope. Blasted thing is still being retarded. Even single boot disc doesn't change the game ID at all. !$#%#$^!@#$!@#%

4. Dallasnc

Newcomer Dallasnc Newbie

United States
  5. sfg

Member sfg GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Oh good, another thread I can hijack. [​IMG]

For multi-disk eboots, should I have the same ID for each disk or have each disk with its real ID?

Not interested in cheats, just want the game to work.

6. nitrostemp

Member nitrostemp GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    you can just make an all-in-one eboot with all the disk on it no need to worry about id at all

7. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    If you're changing the Game ID for a multi-disk eboot you have to change the ID for every disk along with the Save ID