1. Cencil

Cencil GBAtemp Regular

Canada

Oh well, can't wait once it's running full speed to test the FlipGrip out!! That accessory is made for DS emulation on the switch imo!

AshenWolf and Jackson98 like this.
  2. gabisenk

gabisenk Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Romania
    Games kinda run slow on stock cpu clock. Is this normal? Tried it with Spyro 1. It runs slow. Do these games need overclocking?

3. bad361

bad361 GBAtemp Fan

Russia
    The majority of games run full speed without OC if you DON"T USE DITHERING. Some games may require slight OC to run full speed. But if you want to use dithering, you pretty much have to OC for almost every game. But i believe it's because of lack of a proper dynarec for ps1 core on switch.

4. bad361

bad361 GBAtemp Fan

Russia
    del

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  5. bad361

bad361 GBAtemp Fan

Russia
    del (what a lag, damn)

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  6. jjjexorcist

jjjexorcist Member
    Newcomer

Thailand
    Does ps1 emulator have opengl option?

7. Piglet

Piglet Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    my switch crashes alot trying to run ps1 games through cue files or bin files, is this because i dont have the bios files ?

8. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    yep HLE bios is used then and it isn't the best. Go find the bios files.

9. Arcade2019

Arcade2019 Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    What's best for ps1 - beetle hw or rearmed? And in horizon or lakka? I've tried both but it's hard to keep track of my testing!

10. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

United States
    Beetle HW runs now? (Afair it got a dynarec update recently, right?)

Usually Beetle HW didnt run on anything other than high spec PCs. And upscaling beyond native PSX resolution was beyond the scope of lower powered devices certainly. It is accurate though, and it has perspective consistent texture dewarping, which makes PSX games look like an entirely different generation in many 3D games. (They always 'wobbled into place' on real hardware as well beetle can fix this.)

Normally the reason to go with PCSX Rearmed, is because of speed, and the ability to set render resolution to 2x or 3x. But the retroarch core so far isnt GPU accelerated, and can only do 1x so far (Thats with 1.5Ghz overclock). As a tradeoff PCSX Rearmed is far less accurate (soundglitches, flimmering textures) - but not to a point where people wouldnt still enjoy the games they are playing. (PS Classic is a hell of an emulation plattform once modded, and it only does PCSX Rearmed. :) )
    Running PSX games at 2x or 3x render resolution, also improves them very much visually - so for many people this alone will be the deciding factor. (But sadly - not on the Switch so far. :) (1x only))

I've played FF8 Pal at NTSC Speeds without borders and 2x resolution on the PS Classic (PSCX Rearmed), past disc one at least, and loved it. Sound stutters and wrong swirl animations, when entering battles included. :)
    --

I've played Chrono Cross on the Switch extensively (even using some filter afair), and had little to no problems (set to 16:10 for that game specifically (as the art work copes quite well)).

I remember that with Chrono Trigger (PSX), I got frequent random crashing.

But I've played and finished the SNES version on the Switch (cpajustes SNES emu ;) - but you can use snes9x in retroarch as well) a while back. Play that one. Its more charming without the FMVs. Imho. ;)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Emulation, Switch,