PS1/2 PS1 backups on softmodded PS2?

Kekkon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly what the title says.
I have a softmodded PS2 using free mcboot with 2 versions of HDLoader, ESR, and ulaunchelf for file browsing/launching.

I can easily backup and play ps2 games from HDD or DVDs, but what about PS1 games?
I know you can't use ESR or HDLoader for to do so, but is there any other way?

My objective is to play PS1 games on PS2 on burned cds/dvds(dvd for multiple games maybe?)
I don't have a swap disc, however I do have an old PS1 freeloader which can also run backups, if that can help with anything.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You just need an original game and a swap method, if your PS2 version is above 9 or above. All version 7 or lower need a swap method and PS1 gameshark to play backups.

samagon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have one of the latest slimline revisions and the way i used to boot PSX backups was through Swap Magic > ulauncher > psxlauncher. Since you can already access ulauncher all you need is the psxlauncher elf and an original disc with a large TOC. If i remember correctly there is more than one psx launcehr elf floating around. The one i got was from the Afterdawn forums which was apperently made by one of their members.

Kekkon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jiggah said:
You just need an original game and a swap method, if your PS2 version is above 9 or above. All version 7 or lower need a swap method and PS1 gameshark to play backups.
I have a version lower than 7.
Could you explain how to do it?
My PS1 region loader uses the exact same method the gameshark does on an original PS1 so maybe it'll work.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You put in the gameshark, let it load.

Then when it asks you to swap, use a swap method. For my V7, I had to take the front bezel off the drive so I could use a little card to move the drive pin to swap the disc out.

I'm not sure about the region loader. If it's factory pressed, it might work.

The reason the gameshark method works is because when you load a factory pressed gameshark, it bypasses all security checks before asking you to load the PSX backup.

Ultratech87

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So basically, if my PS2 (V12) has been softmodded with FCMB and I wanna play my PS1 backups, I can still do the old swap trick method? If so, then that is awesome.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."