Hacking PS1 and PS2 playable on ps3

John2568

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay thanks but do the isos have to be copied to internal hd or can they be run on usb external drive

on any ps3? too?

thanks

flamesofdoom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The system wants me to transfer my games to internal HDD for PS2 ISOs and I can only get PSX games (.img and .iso) to load after transferring them to the internal HDD, both loaded through multiman.

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ps2 games aren't perfect, though and I think compatibility differs depending on the model.

The ps3 slim has been hacked to have support for ps2 games, for instance. I just remember that Valkyrie Profile 2 didn't work

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On non BC units compatability is hit and miss. On semi bc units it's somewhat better and on abC units PS2 is perfect. Psone plays fine on all models. You can even run psone games from discs iirc. I used to do it that way so I could use my gamesahrk with psone games as I wanted.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are PS1 and PS2 playable on ps3 systems when hacked

thanks

You can play PS1 discs on all PS3 slims without a hacked. You can play PS1 discs and PS2 discs on special PS3 PHAT (FAT) here:

• CECHAxx (60 GB) and CECHBxx (20 GB) - Full hardware backwards compatibility.
To hacked all PS3 systems minus special PS3 phat (Fat) and not all PS2 are playable great. If you want to backup PS1 games and playing on hacked of all PS3 consoles -- they will be playable 100 percent perfect! :) Hope it helps.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
backup PS1 games [...] will be playable 100 percent perfect!
Close but not exactly, as not only audio tracks are not emulated (when running a disc image, haven't tried CD-R), but at least one game ("The Smurfs", the platformer one) will wait forever for the CDDA voice acting to finish playing :)

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Close but not exactly, as not only audio tracks are not emulated (when running a disc image, haven't tried CD-R), but at least one game ("The Smurfs", the platformer one) will wait forever for the CDDA voice acting to finish playing :)

I am talking about my games. I know some games but I didnt know about "The Smurfs" have an audio tracks problem. Thanks for telling me about this game :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-