PS Vita Slim strange screen constant flicker issue.

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by sentinel5000, Jul 13, 2017.

1. sentinel5000
    OP

sentinel5000 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 1, 2008
    Greetings.

I have a PS Vita Slim that I bought used. I used my Vita for some time at first but then stopped using it for a long time, the Vita was working fine at the time I stopped using it. Recently I wanted to use my Vita again and try some retro emulators on it. Since it wasn't used for a long time the battery was drained so I charged it with a Samsung Fast Charger (didn't had the OEM charger at the time). After it was fully charged I tried various Vita games and then used Henkaku. Turned the Vita off and when I tried to use it again I noticed that the Vita started turning on and off on its own, like if the power button was being pressed constantly. If I held the home button pressed the screen would stop the behavior but go at it back again when the home button was released.

I tried disassembling the Vita to see if there was something wrong, like a cable ribbon loose or something, but didn't find anything so I put it back on again. Did a system restore using recovery and the Vita was fine again until I used a game or Henkaku. Question is, has anyone experienced this and is there a solution to it? Also, could charging the Vita with a fast charger had fried something in the Vita? Thanks in advance.

2. TariqSoftDev

TariqSoftDev ~Zexceil

Sep 18, 2013
    London
    • Things you have/may have done wrong
    • Leaving it discharged for a long period as this can destroy the battery
    • Leave it in a humid environment or somewhere when condensation can occur

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice