Not open for further replies.

Puregamer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Edit: Also it's irrelevant to ask Valwin if he owns a Vita or a 3DS, and then ganging up together and giggling at him could be thought as "cyber-bullying". Please just stop it. You don't like a thread? You don't have to read it. It's just that plain simple.
No it isn't! If a thread says "I WANT TO KILL MY BABIES!" in blogs I have to read it and reprimand the poster.

Besides, tell me how I'm going to form an opinion of whether or not I like a thread if I don't read it?

A thread saying "I WANT TO KILL MY BABIES!" has no relevance whatsoever with this post. Saying "I WANT TO KILL MY BABIES!" is an opinion on what you want to do, obviously you'd respond to him. Whereas Valwin stated a fact, so i see no reason as to why you start snapping at him. Who cares if he's a fanboy? What he posted is true and it's from a reliable source, doesn't matter that he's the one that posted it. And just cause someone posts something bad about a sony system, it doesn't make them a ninty fanboy, like enough people stated sony and ninty's systems are different, and are for different audiences eventhough this gap is slowly thrinking. (not talking about Valwin)

On another note, don't sony gaming systems always do bad in Japan, but then kickass in NA?

Edit: The second half doesn't relate to you sorry, just a lot of people keep bringing up the 3DS for dumb reasons.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sometimes there bad news and there good news we just have to learn to live with them it would be wrong of me to skip all bad news just because it seem to annoy some people

Reactions: 2 people

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I am surprised it does so badly in Japan right now... I thought they would jump to it directly! However, I'm sure it'll sell really well in due time. Slow start? Not a problem.. never was a problem... every system has a slow start... If it starts to deliver soon enough (more games appealing different users etc.) it'll be a success...

However, on the topic of bashing valwin: Leave him alone! I didn't read a single negative thing into this news post. I don't care if he slashed away half a sentence in the end saying something about the 3ds... The topic said: psv is selling worse than the psp. So? It's just sales... And I'm sure it'll change in time. However, it is interesting to see that it is like this right now.

Puregamer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
On another note, don't sony gaming systems always do bad in Japan, but then kickass in NA?
Not necessarily.

Though Sony systems do tend to sell poorly at first but then pick up a lot of steam a few months after the western launch. Minus the PS3 which took them a few years...

oh nvm, ignore what i said then :P

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol at the people saying he's trying to get responses by posting these topics. AND THEN GIVE JUST THAT TO HIM. Fools.

Anyways, these are just facts. It is a fact that the psv isn't doing to well. Saying it will fail is speculation or opinion, but what the topic is about,is true.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
The level of fanboyism in this thread is hilarious. Valwin posts a simple news article, from a credible source, with just a quote directly from the article and no commentary from himself and some of you cry like babies and shit your pants while you are doing it.

How pathetic, and some of you have the audacity to call him a troll lol

;O;

Reactions: 10 people

Saddamsdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo fan here.

These numbers mean nothing yet, wait until some games are out and then lets see how it does. I am still buying one though, I think it's graphically impressive for a handheld.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Edit: Also it's irrelevant to ask Valwin if he owns a Vita or a 3DS, and then ganging up together and giggling at him could be thought as "cyber-bullying". Please just stop it. You don't like a thread? You don't have to read it. It's just that plain simple.
No it isn't! If a thread says "I WANT TO KILL MY BABIES!" in blogs I have to read it and reprimand the poster.

Besides, tell me how I'm going to form an opinion of whether or not I like a thread if I don't read it?

A thread saying "I WANT TO KILL MY BABIES!" has no relevance whatsoever with this post. Saying "I WANT TO KILL MY BABIES!" is an opinion on what you want to do, obviously you'd respond to him.

You failed to get my point. The poster said A THREAD, and I mentioned a thread in which you would be required to act up. It had nothing to do with this thread, I was just mentioning an error in what mjax said in a humorous fashion. Crap, do people not have a sense of humor nowadays?

Whereas Valwin stated a fact, so i see no reason as to why you start snapping at him. Who cares if he's a fanboy? What he posted is true and it's from a reliable source, doesn't matter that he's the one that posted it. And just cause someone posts something bad about a sony system, it doesn't make them a ninty fanboy, like enough people stated sony and ninty's systems are different, and are for different audiences eventhough this gap is slowly thrinking. (not talking about Valwin)

Ahem, if you paid attention, you would see that he cut off the last line from the article that served as an equalizer between Nintendo and Sony. That indicates clear bias.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Firstly, the main article is comparing two SONY products (not Ninty vs Sony as you said), one of which is the newer version of the other. The PSV's predecessor is currently selling better than the PSV. What the fuck has the combined sales of the Wii, DSi XL and DSi got to do with the PSV? You're not including the 3DS which is Ninty's newest handheld which is by far outselling the Vita at the moment. Thus it's to be expected that the Wii and DSis are not going to sell much, for the WiiU is coming out this year and the 3DS is merely £30 more than a DSi XL, making it a much better deal.

Learn to read and post stuff relevant to the article rather than start hating on Ninty at the first opportunity.

Wait a sec...you tell me to learn to read and then you say i said that the article was comparing Nintendo to Sony???

No, I said you compared a Ninty product's sales to a Sony product's sales, which you did.

I have no intention of buying a Vita until the problems it has are fixed. I bought a 3DS at launch.....hating on Nintendo? Reading does not compute.

You forget to mention that the sales of the Wii, DS LL and DSi combined are less than the Vita. NINTENDO MUST BE DOOMED DEPENDING ON THE 3DS AT THE MOMENT!
^ That's not hating on Nintendo? :blink:

A console produced by a company which has always dominated the handheld market, which has been on sale for a year and has had it's price slashed in two is selling better than it's expensive newly launched competition which caters for a more western demographic at the moment? REALLY???!?!

That was in response to your stupid comparison of three old Nintendo products to the Vita.

The point i was trying to make is that Valwin essentially reports whatever he can to make the Vita look bad.

See p1ngpong's post.

Part of the reason the Vita isn't selling is down to the poor initial reception of the 3DS, as reported in the article. If it's to be expected that the Wii and DSi's aren't to sell much because they're old, then conversely in a marketplace that is very cost conscious at the moment, and with a console which is new and lacking games, is it any surprise that a much cheaper system with access to many of the same games as the Vita is selling well? No.

I never argued against this fact.

Additionally Super Robot Wars OG Saga: Masou Kishin IIis at the top of the Japanese Software charts....a PSP game. Coincidence PSP sales are high?

Nor this, I was thinking the same actually.

I assure you i can read and reason. The fact that i can make a statement about numbers of consoles sold is illustrative that unit sales can be quoted arbitrarily without context and made to tell any story the poster wants.

If you have an issue with the article, take it up with the original writer on Kotaku, not Valwin. Besides, they haven't bent any figures, words or anything here, simply stated the facts; that the PSP is currently selling better than the PS Vita.

If someone omits many points of reference how can you criticise someone else for adding some related sales data from the same document?

I don't quite get what you're referring to here but I'd stop here with this point if I were you as you were the one that left out a crucial part of my post in your quote which you decided to ignore.

If you're going to attack me at least curb the insults.

Oh, and you haven't insulted Valwin one bit in this thread have you?
"Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone."
I don't care if you're religious or not but I'm sure this sounds familiar.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
A biased person posting news?! I haven't heard of such an atrocity before! Such an acthas never been done on TV or on the newspapers, and certainly not on the oh-so-credible world wide web! Not in the past few thousand years of human civilisation! This is unprecedented! I don't think everyone know how to handle this situation. We can't possibly differentiate what is biased and what is not, we don't have the mental functions that let us do that, and we can't possibly check the information contained in the post by clicking on the link to the source, it's so counter-intuitional! And we obviously cannot double check the information on other sources because there hasn't any invention, like a engine that can filter out information relevant to what we are searching for -oh I think I'll call it a search engine- that lets us do that.

Wahhhhh :cry: My head hurts, I better go to the ultimate unbiased news source on the whole wide 6000 year old Earth: Bill O'Reilly! I think everyone else should go there too, he tells me what I like!

Biased news poster? Oh yeah, those things, kind of like CNN, Fox News etc? I never knew they existed, and we can't expect people to check the information they read can we? Let the people read it, if they don't know how to filter out biased data on the internet and don't use their common sense, it'll be their own fault for looking like idiots when they talk about it in the future. We shouldn't be feeding the troll, much less attacking it.

In fact, I don't think he was really that biased, that sentence he omitted was mainly just an opinion, a hunch, you know those things that we like to dismiss oh-so-often? Focusing on the factual aspects of the article is wrong now? I guess we have to write our opinions every time we report whether the Dow Jones is rising or falling? I mean it's not like it's normal that the stock market rises and falls.

But back on topic:

Like many of you have been saying, and what the omitted sentence said, it's not really that surprising. The 3DS is much cheaper, and not everyone can afford a Vita. (Fuck, even my enthusiastic friend didn't buy it cos it costed like 500-600 bucks here in Singapore) But the Vita hasn't been out for long, you just have to be patient, more time more sales, blablablah. Even if its launch lineup was good, many of their customers might have already been poached by the 3DS so it's hardly any surprise.

The Vita does look pretty good though, except for that back touchscreen gimmick (and I like the 3D on the 3DS, so I must really think this is a gimmicky gimmick). I'd probably pick it up during the end of its lifespan, it'd probably be worth it, but first I've got to get a 3DS.

Reactions: 1 person

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
If ~18k sales is bad, then what does that make the 3DS's 4 digit sales at some point in the past? Wasn't the DSi selling more at that point than the 3DS? Nintendo pulled through and now the 3DS is selling like hotcakes. Same will happen with the PSV.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If ~18k sales is bad, then what does that make the 3DS's 4 digit sales at some point in the past? Wasn't the DSi selling more at that point than the 3DS? Nintendo pulled through and now the 3DS is selling like hotcakes. Same will happen with the PSV.
At this stage, the 3DS is doing better the Vita. Vita has gotten off to a horrible start in it's first 4 weeks. Heck the PSP did better in its first 4 weeks. Shortly after 3DS had a horrible dry period for 3 months worldwide due to the lack of games and price for a handheld that an ordinary person would pay for. Unless PSV has a price-cut, i don't think it'll ever sell like hotcakes compared to the 3DS. Triple M's that the 3DS has right now in Japan are dominating.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The level of fanboyism in this thread is hilarious. Valwin posts a simple news article, from a credible source, with just a quote directly from the article and no commentary from himself and some of you cry like babies and shit your pants while you are doing it.

How pathetic, and some of you have the audacity to call him a troll lol

;O;

His comments on the matter aren't really important. The reason people get angsty is because Valwin pretty much only posts Vita bashing articles, and has been for ages. It's getting tiresome. The only reason he didn't leave a comment himself is because he can't speak English, nor even a language that can be google translated into English.

Anyway, the Vita should undergo a price cut. 3DS did it, now it's flying off the shelves. Plus I wouldn't mind a cheaper Vita, though i'm getting it at launch regardless.

Reactions: 2 people

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
At this stage, the 3DS is doing better the Vita. Vita has gotten off to a horrible start in it's first 4 weeks. Heck the PSP did better in its first 4 weeks. Shortly after 3DS had a horrible dry period for 3 months worldwide due to the lack of games and price for a handheld that an ordinary person would pay for. Unless PSV has a price-cut, i don't think it'll ever sell like hotcakes compared to the 3DS. Triple M's that the 3DS has right now in Japan are dominating.

I'm just trying to put in some perspective. The PSV doesn't have to follow the 3DS's footsteps to start selling. It's still only available in Japan, and judging from the comments from people here, the games themselves are more Western-oriented. Games are what sell hardware, and while the Japanese may not be as interested, people in other places of the world might be. Give it time. Let the rest of the world have its chance with the device. If it still continues to do poorly, then Sony will have to do something about it, which may or may not be what Nintendo has already done.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[yt]9fEjJ4Ecy9Q[/yt]

PSP is cheaper than the Vita with an established library of good games (with more still coming out for it). Vita hasn't had like anything since its release and its release wasn't great for a Japanese audience.

COLOR ME SHOCKED.

Reactions: 4 people

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country

Sorry to say you've not understood anything i've posted. Not only have i not insulted Valwin, even if i had that doesn't give you cause to tell me i can't read and it's offensive that you do so based on false assumptions. I used the original Media Create link from the first post (before it was edited) and you then tell me that i'm comparing Nintendo Vs Sony? I was simply using the figures posted in the original source which was the point to the article in the first place - to highlight cross platform sales If i'm not allowed to make a comment on the article i've read then your standards are particularly high. Additionally a saracastic comment on Valwin's urge to continually post negative Vita commentary is not "hating on Nintendo"

A comparison of three old products which have established libraries and sales histories is perfectly acceptable against a new console with no record, software lineup problems and cost problems. Just because it doesn't prove a point in accordance with how badly a particular console is doing doesn't mean it's irrelevant. The issue isn't with the article itself- Kotaku post both for and against articles about both the Vita and the 3DS. Valwin ONLY ever posts negative commentary. Is it any surprise this encourages a slew of remarks concerning the motives behind him posting yet another negative article? Sooner or later people will just assume that GBAtemp is anti Sony if someone continues to flood the user news with negative topics. A user's forum history is just as important in determining their reason for posting as the credibility of the article...p1ngpong's comment comes across as if Valwin doesn't have a history of stirring up trouble. Ultimately if all someone ever does is search for and post anti-console topics it's still trolling.

If everyone wants this forum to be known as a breeding ground for Sony Trolls and Nintendo fanboyism so be it. Someone who endlessly posts bad news about a platform is obviously not a troll, and should be applauded for non bias fact handling.

The Vita is a premium priced console with a small games library being sold in a time of economic difficulties (iirc it's current the most expensive console choice with the smallest array of games). The PSP has several budget options on the hardware, a large second hand hardware market further reducing entry costs and a vast software library. Additionally it's fully hacked and the sales figures quoted tie in with a PSP game sitting atop the Japanese software charts. It's not surprising that there's a bump in sales figures but there's no discussion of any reasoning behind it. Did the 3DS experience a massive sales jump when it had it's price halved - YES! It's hardly a surprise that a console with something happening on the platform is doing well.

Valwin may well have reproduced an article from somewhere which DOESN'T have a history of trolling the Vita, but since he does it's essential that he backs up this sort of article with something to show he's not just stirring up trouble. p1ng can say what he wants but ultimately a troll topic is still a troll topic when it's a article reproduced and posted by a troll.

Decent user submitted news shows light and shade....not just doom and gloom.

boekeboekeboeh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Sorry to say you've not understood anything i've posted. Not only have i not insulted Valwin, even if i had that doesn't give you cause to tell me i can't read and it's offensive that you do so based on false assumptions. I used the original Media Create link from the first post (before it was edited) and you then tell me that i'm comparing Nintendo Vs Sony? I was simply using the figures posted in the original source which was the point to the article in the first place - to highlight cross platform sales If i'm not allowed to make a comment on the article i've read then your standards are particularly high. Additionally a saracastic comment on Valwin's urge to continually post negative Vita commentary is not "hating on Nintendo"

A comparison of three old products which have established libraries and sales histories is perfectly acceptable against a new console with no record, software lineup problems and cost problems. Just because it doesn't prove a point in accordance with how badly a particular console is doing doesn't mean it's irrelevant. The issue isn't with the article itself- Kotaku post both for and against articles about both the Vita and the 3DS. Valwin ONLY ever posts negative commentary. Is it any surprise this encourages a slew of remarks concerning the motives behind him posting yet another negative article? Sooner or later people will just assume that GBAtemp is anti Sony if someone continues to flood the user news with negative topics. A user's forum history is just as important in determining their reason for posting as the credibility of the article...p1ngpong's comment comes across as if Valwin doesn't have a history of stirring up trouble. Ultimately if all someone ever does is search for and post anti-console topics it's still trolling.

If everyone wants this forum to be known as a breeding ground for Sony Trolls and Nintendo fanboyism so be it. Someone who endlessly posts bad news about a platform is obviously not a troll, and should be applauded for non bias fact handling.

The Vita is a premium priced console with a small games library being sold in a time of economic difficulties (iirc it's current the most expensive console choice with the smallest array of games). The PSP has several budget options on the hardware, a large second hand hardware market further reducing entry costs and a vast software library. Additionally it's fully hacked and the sales figures quoted tie in with a PSP game sitting atop the Japanese software charts. It's not surprising that there's a bump in sales figures but there's no discussion of any reasoning behind it. Did the 3DS experience a massive sales jump when it had it's price halved - YES! It's hardly a surprise that a console with something happening on the platform is doing well.

Valwin may well have reproduced an article from somewhere which DOESN'T have a history of trolling the Vita, but since he does it's essential that he backs up this sort of article with something to show he's not just stirring up trouble. p1ng can say what he wants but ultimately a troll topic is still a troll topic when it's a article reproduced and posted by a troll.

Decent user submitted news shows light and shade....not just doom and gloom.

Geez, you sir are taking things wayyyy to serious in my opinion. btw Valwin can report whatever news he wants right? if he wants to post negative news about the vita, so be it. and Valwin posting the news doesn't make the article any different so.. this kind of annoys me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: How Roms Try Helping? +1