3.69 PS Vita exploit to be released by TheFlow (but not just yet)

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Lemmingz, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Lemmingz
    OP

Lemmingz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2017
    United States
    TheFlow who created Henkaku, enzo, h-encore, NoNpDrm, Adrenaline, Vitashell & loads more hacks & tweaks for the PS Vita & PSP announced on Twitter today that he has been working on a new 3.69 exploit for the Vita

TheFloW - @theflow0
    I have been working on a second exploit chain for vita over the last 4 weeks. Was tough to find all the puzzle pieces to put them together. I will finish it after my exams :) Stay tuned

I have been working hard on that since Wednesday and finished it yesterday btw.

The h-encore exploit was patched with Sony's 3.69 Vita update but the latest tweets from TheFlow gives Vita users who have either accidentally updated to 3.69 or bought a Vita on 3.69 hope for the future to join in with all the fun that all 3.60, 3.65 & 3.68 have been enjoying on their hacked consoles.

No set release date for the new 3.69 hack other than after his exams & what he posted in another tweet 12 hours after his first one

TheFloW - @theflow0
    Available at end of life of vita

Production of the Vita is due to stop in Japan at some point next year which could be deemed as the "end of life" but we'll all have to wait & see

TheFlow's twitter can be found here - https://mobile.twitter.com/theflow0

flatty69, goodha2, vingren and 5 others like this.
  2. Dave_Chad

Dave_Chad GBAtemp Fan

Jun 29, 2016
    Guys a machine.

vingren likes this.
  3. NANASHI89

NANASHI89 GBAtemp Addict

May 3, 2012
    United States
    Sony Japan is set to drop Vita support next year, so...

Hopefully, we won't see a 3.70 update anytime soon...

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

Gholu43 likes this.
  4. sephurchin

sephurchin GBAtemp Fan

Sep 28, 2015
    United States
    World V
    He's on a role. Keep it up!

5. 98otiss

98otiss bi furry fuck

Aug 22, 2015
    Canada
    somewhere
    This guy is a fucking god. Firmware barely out and it has an exploit in progress

6. SCOTT0852

SCOTT0852 Kid now, squid now

Jan 20, 2018
    United States
    The exploit has existed for a while, it just was never released in case Sony would release an update to patch h-encore (which they did).

7. NANASHI89

NANASHI89 GBAtemp Addict

May 3, 2012
    United States
    We still have to wait a while for it's release. I'd say around March, when production on the Vita ends in Japan.

8. 98otiss

98otiss bi furry fuck

Aug 22, 2015
    Canada
    somewhere
    i meant like its pretty fast to make an exploit for an update only 1-2 months old

9. eighthdayregret

eighthdayregret fnerrrrrrrrrr!

Sep 27, 2017
    United States
    What the other person was saying is that it's probably not a new exploit, just one Sony hasn't caught with 3.69.
    The Flow has a tendency to hoard exploits for just that reason. I really wouldn't be surprised if he's got multiple working exploits in his back pocket, just in case.

10. wallflowertrist

wallflowertrist Member

Newcomer
    Oct 15, 2018
    United States
    Sony still sells the Wipeout 2048 online pass, which is required for its DLC, even though the servers are shut down. Wouldn't surprise me if they continue updating the Vita purely to block exploits.

vingren likes this.
  11. 98otiss

98otiss bi furry fuck

Aug 22, 2015
    Canada
    somewhere
    sony refuses to let it live, and they also refuse to let it die

12. NANASHI89

NANASHI89 GBAtemp Addict

May 3, 2012
    United States
    What's the point of updating the Vita, if there are almost no new games coming soon? Looks like Catherine: Full Body will be the Vita's swan song in Japan...

13. josephdin

josephdin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2018
    United States
    i bought a 1st gen wifi vita that was mint condition used, came with a 2nd gen micro usb charger -___- and to top it off it was 3.69 but it was kept in such pristine condition... I was so upset i expected 3.65 or under lol. I'm hoping this exploit comes soon

Last edited by josephdin, Oct 20, 2018
  14. Megadriver94

Megadriver94 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 11, 2017
    United States
    Earth
    Let's hope that this exploit for Firmware 3.69 is the PS Vita equivalent of Magnethax, Dsiware transfer and hardmodding is for 3DS FW11.6+. :) :) :hrth:

Last edited by Megadriver94, Oct 21, 2018
  15. vingren

vingren Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2018
    Brazil
    when is this “end of life of vita” going to happen?

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

16. josephdin

josephdin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2018
    United States
    i think he's waiting until sony stops updating the ps vita firmware, which everyone believes it's gonna be like feb/march 2019 somewhere around there. It really does suck that we can't access the 3.69 exploit yet but when u think about it, his reasoning is 200% understandable, i mean think about it, if sony were to drop 3.70 right now, i'm sure that exploit is good enough to crack both firmwares, but if he would have released the exploit before 3.70, sony would continue the cat and mouse game and patch up whatever work he had did for 3.69, sorry for the long explanation but i think this is why

vingren likes this.
  17. Localhorst86

Localhorst86 GBAtemp Addict

Jul 17, 2014
    Germany
    Nintendo works for my dad
    sometime between now and the heat death of the universe.

"End Of Life" here means when no new games for the system get released. AFAIK, there are still quite a few international releases scheduled well into 2019, the japanese market possibly even longer.

Last I recall Sony has only recently announced to stop producing the device sometime in Q1 2019 - So all we can do is guess, and my guess that it might not become EoL before mid-2020.

vingren likes this.