PS+ U.S December Update: RACING!!!!

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by ShadowSoldier, Nov 29, 2013.

1. ShadowSoldier
    OP

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    [​IMG]

Looks like it's racing month although Borderlands 2 is in there. Okay month I suppose. I've already beaten Sonic Racing on WiiU so I'll give the Vita version a try.

Source

2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Meh on the PS3 stuff, got Borderlands 2 on PC and 360 so I don't think I'll play it much on PS3. And I personally don't like racing "simulator" games too much, though Dyad looks fairly interesting.

Vita games are great though, love Sonic All-Stars and Urban Trial's games are always fun/hilarious.

3. ShadowSoldier
    OP

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    Grid 2 and Dyad are more arcade racing than simulators.

4. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    I bought Borderlands 2 a while ago when it was on sale (although honestly it was not worth it the game is pretty boring) and I'm not huge on racing but I'm looking forward to S&S All-Stars Transformed, heard glowing reviews for the game and many people say it's the best kart racer ever.

5. T-hug

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    Looks like a great month for you guys, we just got GRID2 and Sonic so hopefully next month will be Soul Sacrifice for us (even though I don't want the game lol).

6. ShadowSoldier
    OP

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada

I'm still jelly you guys got Catherine.

GameWinner likes this.
  7. Sakitoshi

Sakitoshi everything is going according the plan...

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    behind a keyboard or a gamepad
    You aren't trying hard enough to enjoy it then.

Grid 2 is excelent, I wanted to play it but never bought it(hopefully or I'll be pissed now that'll be on PS+) and Sanic transformers is as fun as Mario kart but without cheap objects, is pretty balanced. still prefer Modnations Racers, but sadly the Vita version lacks online.

8. FireEmblemGuy

FireEmblemGuy Celebrating a decade of shitposting

Jul 6, 2007
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    Grid 2's cool, and I'm never one to complain about more retail Vita games even if they aren't quite my cup of tea. Unfortunately I bought Borderlands 2 when it was on PSN for $20 in the spring and then never played it. $20 down the drain, I suppose, although at least it'll still be there should I ever allow my PS+ to lapse, and I think $10 of it was from a rebate or something anyways.

9. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey

If you have to force yourself to enjoy a game, it's probably not an enjoyable game.

gamefan5 likes this.
  10. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    All Stars is really good and the Vita version is almost perfect. You all should try it.

11. Sakitoshi

Sakitoshi everything is going according the plan...

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    behind a keyboard or a gamepad
    I didn't realized that sounded like that.
    I was trying to say that maybe he played hopping something different and that's why didn't like it.

12. ShadowSoldier
    OP

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada

Eh, not entirely true. For example, I don't like Tomb Raider (2013) but everybody won't stop sucking it's dick.

13. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    To be fair I enjoyed Borderlands and found it thoroughly entertaining. I played through it at least twice.

The second game just felt super uninteresting. All the characters felt samey and didn't feel as distinct as in the first game. Also the fact it has to resort to memes for humor shows the team lacks any sort of creative talent at all.

14. ShadowSoldier
    OP

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    but horrible humour should be right up your alley.

15. PityOnU

PityOnU GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012
    United States
    I really like racing games. Need for Speed (on a good year), Mario Kart, Diddy Kong Racing, all amazing in my book. Blur was fun, too.

I, too, had heard great things about Sonic Racing and got it for my Wii U for $25 a few months ago. Was super excited to play it (what with the nice colors and all), but was let down.

Honestly, it isn't that great. The cars/boats/planes handle like poop and the weapons are simply not satisfying to use.

Am I the only one here that felt this way?

16. ShadowSoldier
    OP

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada

I did at first. But the handling isn't that bad. The key to the game is to drift. If you master drifting, the game becomes much more playable. By all means though, the game isn't easy. You gotta master the drifting, the tricks, the weapons. I loved it on WiiU and I think I 100% the game.

I'm gonna look up the Vita version and see what's special about it compared to the other versions (in terms of characters).