Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Giga_Gaia said:
Funny how you people just can't wait to be banned from PSN. Congratulation on paying 140$ to get banned. You can actually do that for free by going online and being a very big ass. No need to pay 140$ for it.
1 - It hasn't been confirmed you can get banned for this, it's all guesses.
2 - This isn't some "ban stick", it actually has another use.

Less anger, more reading. Like, ANYTHING in the first post, please.

nico445

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Quincy said:
Still no x3 in
frown.gif
well it's send from china that could take a while
tongue.gif

Lunatics

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read the posts! That question has been asked 243987438434 times. NO! You cannot use it on a regular usb stick.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bad news:(

There is going to be an update soon, Sony fucked up Playstation Plus allowing you to play Plus games when your subscription expires

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DigitalDeviant said:
chartube12 said:

There is going to be an update soon, Sony fucked up Playstation Plus allowing you to play Plus games when your subscription expires

source?

and this doesn't really affect the PS Jailbreak device.

I'm the source. My account expired last week and I still get the discounted prices and free stuff.

I can't be the only one with this error.

MrDiesel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
chartube12 said:
I'm the source. My account expired last week and I still get the discounted prices and free stuff.

I think it is normal that you can still play your Plus games. But still getting the discounted prices and free stuff is indeed an error.

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country
The folks at gamefreax.de have successfully reverse engineered the PSJailbreak. The site is in German but from what I can gather, the jig is an original exploit, not a clone of sony’s own jig software. Also interesting to note is that gamefreax says the PSjailbreak is NOT upgradeable without further hardware. After the jump a google translation of the page. If one of our members can provide a better translation please post it in the comments.
ubstream.jpg

“We have the dongle PSJailbreak yet again brought out of retirement to put it more precisely Herbs to take a closer look. We tell you here in brief the main steps of the internal process of PSJailbreak.
We can confirm that it can not confirm that PSJailbreak a clone of Sony’s “Jig” is module. PSJailbrak is an exploit honest self-developed. The chip is not but a PIC18F444 ATMega with software USB. This means the chip is internally capable of USB to emulate. PSJailbreak mainly be emulated 6Port a USB hub connected to a specific end USB devices and then disconnected. One of these devices has the ID of Sony’s “Jig” module, which means that played in the development of PSJailbreaks the “Jig” module, a certain role.
But let’s start at the front: When the PS3 is clamped in the USB emulation device, which has a much too big Configuration Descriptor. This Descriptor überschriebt the stack with a PowerPC contained code that is executed. Now, various USB devices are connected in the emulation. A device has a large 0xAD Descriptor, which is part of the exploit and contains static data. A short time later (we are moving here in Milisekundenbereich) the jig module is connected, and encrypted data are transmitted to the module jig. A (in Milisekundenbereich) eternity later, the answers Jig 64Byte module with static data, all USB devices are disconnected, a new USB device is connected and the PS3 launches with a new look.
64Byte static data that is emulated by Jig sent to the PS3

http://ps3jailbreak.com/?p=174

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chartube12 said:
DigitalDeviant said:
chartube12 said:

source?

and this doesn't really affect the PS Jailbreak device.

thats an awesome error.

MrDiesel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
@djbubba2002:
Here is my attempt on translating the German article. My primary language, which is Dutch, is closely related to German. But still, German is very hard! As I don't quite understand what they are talking about, it can be that my translation doesn't make any sense.

Here it is:
QUOTE said:
We will tell you the important steps of the internal process of the PSJailbreak.

We can confirm that the PSJailbreak is not a clone of Sony's "Jig" module. PSjailbreak is an exploit, developed by self-examination. The chip is a PIC18F444 ATMega with software USB. This means that the chip is capable of emulating the internal USB. PSJailbreak mainly emulates a 6Port USB Hub which connects several USB devices and then disconnects them. One of these devices has the ID of Sony's "Jig" module, which means that for the development of the PSJailbreak, Sony's "Jig" module had an important role.

When the PS3 starts, in the USB emulation, a device is connected which has a to large Configuration Descriptor. This Descriptor overwrites the stack with PowerPC-code which is executed. Now, several USB devices are in emulation. A device has a big 0xAD Descriptor, which is part of the exploit and it contains static data. A short time later (we are talking in milliseconds) the jig-module is being connected and the encrypted data are being transfered to the jig-module. An eternity later (again milliseconds), the jig-module answers with 64Byte static data, all USB devices are disconnected, a new usb device is connected and the PS3 is being launched with a new look.

64Byte static data which are being emulated by the Jig to the PS3.

Moreover, the PSJailbreak can't be updated. The update function can only exist with extra hardware.

Edit:
Found 2 interesting articles:
http://www.ps3news.com/PS3-Hacks/psjailbre...gin-to-surface/
http://www.ps3news.com/PS3-Hacks/psjailbre...-dumped-easily/

The second one says that Geohot's exploit was used.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this thing is not updatable? What does that mean..if Sony updates their firmware the jailbreak wont work on that higher firmware? That's Ok since I dont plan on updating my firmware..please explain what this all means since I really dont understand this kinda stuff

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol