PS Jailbreak - The first PS3 Modchip

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They claim on the official site its updatable.

Fully updatable with new features/updates by connecting PS Jailbreak to any computers USB port.

Looks like everyone who got one should take advantage of the 1 year warranty they offer once the jailbreak gets blocked through a sony update.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
icebrg5 said:

Fully updatable with new features/updates by connecting PS Jailbreak to any computers USB port.

Looks like everyone who got one should take advantage of the 1 year warranty they offer once the jailbreak gets blocked through a sony update.
Well Windows doesn't recognise it so maybe that's why it's not updateable. If so, surely they'll have to provide some drivers?

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icebrg5 said:

So let me understand..this update issue has to do if Sony updates their firmware the jailbreak wont update itself so that it works with that firmware..is that what this is all about..if that is the case I just wont update the firmware then..but I think that if PSJailbreak states that their product will update then they have to do that, because that is false advertising, they cant promise something and then it turns out not to be true..either it is or it isnt

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
t_jay17 said:
Ok so this is an original exploit and not a clone of a jig.
Yep.

@Lakerfan
Yes, if Sony update the firmware that blocks the PSjb then you can't update the PSjb so it works on the new firmware update. By not updating though you're sacrificing PSN.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Livin in a box said:
t_jay17 said:
Yep.

@Lakerfan
Yes, if Sony update the firmware that blocks the PSjb then you can't update the PSjb so it works on the new firmware update. By not updating though you're sacrificing PSN.

If that is the only issue with this thing not supposedly updating that is fine. I don't use the PSN Network anyway..I think Ive been on it once and I found it boring(Just my opinion) my XBOX 360 has been banned for almost a year and I didnt care..as long as I can play by backup games Im good

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lakerfanalways said:
Livin in a box said:
t_jay17 said:
Yep.

@Lakerfan

If that is the only issue with this thing not supposedly updating that is fine. I don't use the PSN Network anyway..I think Ive been on it once and I found it boring(Just my opinion) my XBOX 360 has been banned for almost a year and I didnt care..as long as I can play by backup games Im good

and what of AP on future games?

D

Deleted-247497

if it really isn't updateable that was really a bad decision, its definitely going to get patched, either that or better ap, so if its not updateable it will be obsolete in a few months, i mean unless you dont care about online/new games

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
snico1995 said:
if it really isn't updateable that was really a bad decision, its definitely going to get patched, either that or better ap, so if its not updateable it will be obsolete in a few months, i mean unless you dont care about online/new games

well I'll be waiting for an update-able/cheaper solution.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
snico1995 said:

If the PS3Jailbreak is an actual exploit then having it updatable is somewhat moot anyways. If the exploit is blocked, then what are you going to update? If it was a clone of a jig, there might be some utility in having an update that might reset a key exchange. Otherwise there's no point in having it updateable, if that function would be essentially useless anyways.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
doyama said:
snico1995 said:

If the PS3Jailbreak is an actual exploit then having it updatable is somewhat moot anyways. If the exploit is blocked, then what are you going to update? If it was a clone of a jig, there might be some utility in having an update that might reset a key exchange. Otherwise there's no point in having it updateable, if that function would be essentially useless anyways.

what should at the very least be updatable is the backup loader so that future games can be played of the HDD.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DigitalDeviant said:
doyama said:
snico1995 said:

what should at the very least be updatable is the backup loader so that future games can be played of the HDD.

The PS3Jalibreak USB dongle uses an exploit that puts the console in dev mode. Once in this dev mode, yYou have to manually install the Backup Loader separately (which has been shown in a few videos), so that part is absolutely updateable.

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guys, no offense to MrDiesel, but lets wait for an official german translation. MrDiesel said his might not make sense (which i took as may not be 100% accurate), so it might be saying the ps3 would need hardware to block it.

MrDiesel said:
@djbubba2002:
Here is my attempt on translating the German article. My primary language, which is Dutch, is closely related to German. But still, German is very hard! As I don't quite understand what they are talking about, it can be that my translation doesn't make any sense.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DigitalDeviant said:
doyama said:
snico1995 said:

Yeah that to me is the most important thing. What is the point of this if games that come out a month from now, two months from now don't work. I can give a rats behind about the PSN Netowrk or not being able to update my Sony firmware, I dont use any of that stuff anyway. I just want to be able to play backed up games, no matter if they are out now or in the future..Mafia II works and that's confirmed, but how about games coming out next month..have to make sure they work

Posts merged

DigitalDeviant said:
QUOTE(doyama @ Aug 26 2010, 07:36 PM) QUOTE(snico1995 @ Aug 27 2010, 01:27 AM)

Yeah that to me is the most important thing. What is the point of this if games that come out a month from now, two months from now don't work. I can give a rats behind about the PSN Netowrk or not being able to update my Sony firmware, I dont use any of that stuff anyway. I just want to be able to play backed up games, no matter if they are out now or in the future..Mafia II works and that's confirmed, but how about games coming out next month..have to make sure they work

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
t_jay17 said:
If it is not update-able how will it work with future games?

Some are saying that the hardware just sends the ps3 into dev mode or debug. then a program is install which should be upgradeable.
Either way this is a nice start and now i gotta save up for a ps3 because i been tired of fixing this xbox 360 all the damn time plus i need my metal gear and ratched

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: good morning +1