Hi all,

I'm protecting myself from a ban. These were the steps that I've done:
- Ran HAKU33
- Once booted to OFW, did a Factory Reset
- Updated from 9.2.0 to 10.0.1
- Booted to OFW, ran 90DNS
- Ran Hekate and did a nand backup
- made a copy of nand on the SD Card

I plug in the SD card and boot CFW if I want to play downloaded games. If I want to play online, I remove the SD card, which forces my Switch to boot to OFW.

Am I safe?

lloydlim996

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Any reason why you care? If your not going online anyway does it even matter

I don't think you understood very clearly.
I play offline, downloaded games on the EMUNAND (SDCARD) and if I want to play online, I unplug the SDCard and plug in my game (ACNH).

Wondering if I've taken enough precationary.

jajamundo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have a emunand setup and use it only for your cwf stuffs is the best way to avoid been banned.

You don't need to remove your SD card, but if you have a SD four your CFW and one for your Sysnand I think is better.

Just make sure to NEVER connect CFW to the internet and you are gonna be fine.

Reactions: lloydlim996

lloydlim996

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
have a emunand setup and use it only for your cwf stuffs is the best way to avoid been banned.

You don't need to remove your SD card, but if you have a SD four your CFW and one for your Sysnand I think is better.

Just make sure to NEVER connect CFW to the internet and you are gonna be fine.

Thank you. That's my current setup currently. I'm not running incognito on 10.0.X as it doesn't work yet. However, I only go online on 90DNS when needed (updating cfw contents)

I run a dual-SD Card setup. One for CFW, one for OFW. Theres no way EMUNAND contents will leak through Sysnand correct?

I just want to be as sure as I can be. I'm currently running ACNH online, with no problems. Though if there were a ban, I'm unsure of how long it will take.

jajamundo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. That's my current setup currently. I'm not running incognito on 10.0.X as it doesn't work yet. However, I only go online on 90DNS when needed (updating cfw contents)

I run a dual-SD Card setup. One for CFW, one for OFW. Theres no way EMUNAND contents will leak through Sysnand correct?

I just want to be as sure as I can be. I'm currently running ACNH online, with no problems. Though if there were a ban, I'm unsure of how long it will take.

No body knows how exactly Nintendo works, but that is the only way we know. Don't connect to the internet if you are on CFW. If you wanna update your games for example, is better download HBG shop and update your games through it. If you wanna update your switch firmware use choidujour.There is no need to connect your CFW to the Intenernet

lloydlim996

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No body knows how exactly Nintendo works, but that is the only way we know. Don't connect to the internet if you are on CFW. If you wanna update your games for example, is better download HBG shop and update your games through it. If you wanna update your switch firmware use choidujour.There is no need to connect your CFW to the Intenernet

I might've just gotten myself in trouble. Wifi stays off on CFW and only gets enabled when I need to update a homebrew app through the HB App Store. Otherwise it stays off. I heard somewhere that 90DNS doesn't work. Could I have just gotten myself into trouble?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9HgJ3SgjpA