Hacking Properly packing wads.

Pikachu025

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've been trying for, like, 30 minutes now to properly repack a edited wad I previously unpacked. The only thing I want to change is the title that appears in the Wii menu when you hover over the title, as well as the one recorded in the Today's Accomplishment message.

Anyway, I declare it impossible. There seems to be no proper tutorial anywhere, there are tons of different tools that do different things differently, there are various wadpackers, it's just frustrating.

Here are the steps I did:
- I got myself a wad.
- I unpacked it using bfgr wadtools 0.39a.
- I edited the game's title in 00000000.app and the .trailer file using bannertool.
- I manually edited the Japanese (I guess) title that bannertool doesn't edit for some reason.
- I resaved both files with bannertool to update the MD5 hash.
- I edited the .tmd file and changed the SHA-1 hash to match the new one.
- I renamed my files' names (removed 00010001 at the start of the name) so that Blaze's wadpacker would recognize them (the ticket anyway).
- I packed my files using Blaze's wadpacker.
- I got a wad.
- To verify I didn't make any mistakes, I tried to reunpack my wad. bfgr's unpacker gives me "get_wad read, len = 3a818: No error" and doesn't create anything. I don't quite get what that means, but I think it means I made an error somewhere. Help?

BigOlBlunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey when you say you unpacked your wad what does that mean? And is it the same as extracting a wad? And one more question, do you have to extract each wad before you can use it in the tp hack??
Ya im a noob to this hackin shizzle so can you post a little more info?

Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Try this. Install the original (NOT YOUR EDITED!) WAD to your wii. Do a File System dump. Find all the files you need (ticket, title.tmp, and other files), then edit those. Pack that into a WAD using Blaze's tool. See what happens.

Pikachu025

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just tried that, didn't work. Get the exact same problem (tools are unable to extract) as well as a ret = -2011 error on the Wii when trying to install. *sigh*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag