Gaming Prometheus Firmware

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have been using the KHBBS patch since it came out rather than messing with the Prometheus module in the ISO image (and no matter how many times you try and convince me its no real effort its still a faff!) So when Prometheus started making firmware which included all the modules in the flash so no patches would be required I thought it would be great. The only problem is that it never seems to work for me. I tried the original releases and they failed miserably, resulting in my PSP not being able to launch any games. Have now try the latest Prometheus-3 release and it refuses to launch my unpatched ISOs of Prince of Persia: Sands of Time or Naruto Shippuden.
I have a PSP-1000 that used to be running GEN-D3 and these games worked perfectly with the KHBBS patch so there should be no problem, right? And if so, why the hell isn't it working?

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Jamstruth said:
I have been using the KHBBS patch since it came out rather than messing with the Prometheus module in the ISO image (and no matter how many times you try and convince me its no real effort its still a faff!) So when Prometheus started making firmware which included all the modules in the flash so no patches would be required I thought it would be great. The only problem is that it never seems to work for me. I tried the original releases and they failed miserably, resulting in my PSP not being able to launch any games. Have now try the latest Prometheus-3 release and it refuses to launch my unpatched ISOs of Prince of Persia: Sands of Time or Naruto Shippuden.
I have a PSP-1000 that used to be running GEN-D3 and these games worked perfectly with the KHBBS patch so there should be no problem, right? And if so, why the hell isn't it working?
What are you on now?

Jamstruth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Prometheus-3 v4 (not the leaked prometheus 4)

I thought that would be obvious. And thought the previous CFW would matter since Prometheus only patches the GEN firmware

Jamstruth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Disabled the KHBBS plugin as soon as I installed it. Enabled plugins are
dayviewer.prx [vsh]
vshmenu.prx [vsh]
game_categories.prx [vsh]
cxmb.prx [vsh]
psnlover.prx [vsh][game](not latest)

Also have
battwarn.prx
remotejoylite.prx
KHBBS.prx
in the list but disabled.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
You could try changing the driver, setting the CPU speed to default (some people like to feel good and set it to 333), disabling all plugins (while nothing out of that list looks like it could mess up Prometheus, it's worth a shot).

Jamstruth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
No luck with any of the UMD drivers. Disabled all game mode plugins (crashes on entering game mode as far as I can see) will try disabling all anyway.
Edit: Still no luck...

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Try again when you have actually DELETED all the KHBBS stuff. Perhaps even disable game plugins in the advanced section of the recovery menu.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
That KHBBS plugin is the key reason that people have issues with Prome firmwares. I'd almost be tempted to try formatting and reflashing everything and trying again.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Jolan said:
It's remotejoy, but I don't know why it's happening.
I've seen the exact same problem before, and RJ turned out to be the problem.
Try deleting it.
I'm on Prometheus WITH RemoteJoy and everything works fine...
mellow.gif
Jamstruth, why don't you try upgrading to the leaked Prometheus?

Jamstruth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
its likely to get the same problems. I'll try offloading my memorystick and reformatting, reflashing to 5.50 GEN-D3 and then upgrading to prometheus again before putting everything back on (bar KHBBS and RJ) to try again

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
when you put prometheus on the iso, you also need to decrypt anything executable.
that means the eboot, any prx's and in the case of bbs, 3 data files.
also, if you ever want to do SOCOM3 you will find that there is a second encrypted eboot in the game folder.

Sinistral89

Trophies
XP
Country
@Steve-P

He doesn't want to know how to fix the ISO... He want's to know how to use the prometheus firmwire so that he can use unmodified ISOs...

Jamstruth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argh, I backed up all my stuff and reflashed my PSP, now it refuses to read anything but my PSP Games category (ISO folder basically) and even then says there are no games in it.
Have reflashed again (using a blank memory stick with nothing on it BUT the update files) only to GEN D-3 it still is not reading my stuff. Am bemused and clearing the memory stick again (my HDD is low on space so I cut and paste the backup onto the memory stick) for another reformat. The Memory stick is a CR-5400 with 2 Kingston class 4 8GB microSDs in it so I have to format it via a PC (PSP can't format the thing) is there a program that would be better to use than Windows' formatter?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you not try with a genuine Pro Duo instead? (Sandisk preferably). Those adapters have be know to be problematic with firmwares.

Fun_Zephyr

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamstruth said:
Argh, I backed up all my stuff and reflashed my PSP, now it refuses to read anything but my PSP Games category (ISO folder basically) and even then says there are no games in it.
Have reflashed again (using a blank memory stick with nothing on it BUT the update files) only to GEN D-3 it still is not reading my stuff. Am bemused and clearing the memory stick again (my HDD is low on space so I cut and paste the backup onto the memory stick) for another reformat. The Memory stick is a CR-5400 with 2 Kingston class 4 8GB microSDs in it so I have to format it via a PC (PSP can't format the thing) is there a program that would be better to use than Windows' formatter?
I have one of those Memory Sticks. I have 2 x 8Gb EagleTec Class 6 SD Cards in it. You should be able to successfully format via the PSP.

However, I will say - I purchased a 2nd CR-5400 and placed 2 x 8Gb Kingston SDHC cards in both slots and formatted via the PSP and got an error while formatting. I then tried several other Kingston 4Gb) and still have the same issue.

The moment I swapped out the Kingston SDHC Cards and placed in either EagleTec or Sony or the other brand I tested (sorry forgot its name now) I would successfully format via the PSP. It would finsih by stating Format Complete - just like any other format. I have no idea why I have always had troubles with Kingston in the CR-5400 cards and formatting via the PSP.

P.s. I have only ever used CR-5400 and never had an issue (except with Kingston)

Jamstruth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
xist said:
Can you not try with a genuine Pro Duo instead? (Sandisk preferably). Those adapters have be know to be problematic with firmwares.
I have a Genuine Sony one with no categories on it that is reading just fine (can see and read both the 5.50 GEN flasher and the prometheus-4 flasher). Changing memory sticks/SD cards is not an option as I don't have these things lying around.
Formatting on PSP errors out to "No Memory Stick Inserted" even though the PSP knows there is one. I think the problem may be the huge dump of data I'm putting on the memory stick at once. No time for PSP to index, or whatever it is it does. Also there's probably a few things that don't like being copied like this. Going to do it a bit more slowly this time and see how it goes. Reformat then a folder at a time copy things back.
Will using the Panasonic SD formatter be better than Windows?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded