Prom Question

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by NeSchn, Mar 31, 2009.

Mar 31, 2009

Prom Question by NeSchn at 9:35 PM (1,819 Views / 0 Likes) 22 replies

1. NeSchn
    OP

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    Even though Prom is still a month and a half away everyone is still all worried about it an shit. A bunch of my friends come up to me and are like "Yo Neil, you got a date yet?", My answer is always "No not yet."

Well, see I am really good friends with this one girl who I also like. I think she may also like me by the way she acts around me and such, we get along perfectly and have like the same type of personality and humor. Also Not to mention that she is really hot lol.

So anyways, I have been going over in my head about asking her to Prom (I don't understand why no one has asked her yet), but now here is where my question comes in.

Is is wrong not to pay for your dates ticket to prom? I believe so, I don't have a job which means I have no money, but I don't want to ask her to the Prom and say "Oh by the way, Uhh I have no money so unfortunately you are going to have to pay for your ticket."

So I started asking friends and my sister and such:

My sister answered "When I went to prom Ed paid for his ticket and I paid for mine."
    My friend answered "Screw that, My girlfriend is definately paying for her own ticket and I am paying for mine."

I have also gotten a few responses from other people that say you should pay for the dates ticket.

So I am utterly confused, This is time sensitive though. I need your responses on the right thing to do, I can try to beg my parents to pay for hers too and I will pay them back because they are going to be paying for mine but chances are my parents won't do that because they never buy me shit.

Anyways, I really need your guys/gals help.

2. Drift Monkey

Newcomer Drift Monkey Advanced Member

United States
    Ask her first, work out funds later. Do, don't think! You keep thinking this over and you'll lose your date...[​IMG]

Just pay for your own tickets, no biggie. If she's as cool as you say, won't think anything of it.

3. suppachipmunk

Member suppachipmunk GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hello,

I think that it is "tradition" to pay for your date's ticket. I am not too sure.

Whenever I have asked a girl out to do something with me, ie: movie, dinner, etc, I have always paid.

I have always been told to be a gentlemen, but in times now, there are too many thug-bunnies that do the opposite.

I'd say beg your parents to pay her ticket if you really dig her.

Good luck man,

suppachipmunk

4. purplesludge

Member purplesludge anyone have any ideas for this space

United States
    I'd say no that you should not have to. Since you are only friends she may feel more comfortable paying for her own ticket. If you both buy your own ticket it is less pressure on both of you.

5. GameSoul

Member GameSoul youtube.com/variantdevil

United States
    I would say have her buy her own ticket but I always thought it would feel awkward to ask her to buy her own :/

6. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    i think it's common courtesy to pay for the girl's ticket, especially if you're inviting her. though, if you're short on money, she would understand.

7. NeSchn
    OP

United States
    Heh. I solved my own problem, thanks for all the suggestions though. I was talking to my mom when we were in the car shortly after I posted this and I told her my problem. She told she would pay for my tux, my ticket, and if I do get a date then she would also pay for that ticket.

I didn't even need to beg, I guess my mom understand this XD. My dad would have been flat out "No". W00T, My mom is G. Lol

8. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    now you just need to come good with the date!

Just relax and ask casually if she has a date yet for the prom if she says no then say me either [​IMG] ... how about us being prom buddies? if you will be by buddy ...I'll pay too!

that way your not directly hitting on her + offering to pay at the same time! [​IMG]

if she says yes she has.... then time to keep looking mate just don't push them into going if they don't want to!

9. NeSchn
    OP

United States
    Oooo thanks koby. I was just going to ask here whats a good way to ask her. That is a perfect way, just bring it up like a normal conversation. It runs smooth lol. I am definately going to do that. She asks me to come up and get lunch with her whenever he friend is out so if her friend is out tomorrow (which I hope just so I can ask) then I think I will just pull that when we are having a conversation while we are waiting.

10. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Get laid. it will make paying for her ticket worth it.

11. Reaper

Member Reaper Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂

United States
    Price of ticket=?

12. NeSchn
    OP

United States
    I didn't get a chance to ask her today because once we were up in the lunch line, my friend comes up and starts chatting with us. I was like "Fuck." So I'm just going to IM her tonight and ask. Her friend is most likely going to be in school tomorrow so I won't have time to ask her alone. So AIM will work, My friends are telling me to do and that she will most definately accept, So my confindence is really high right now.

To War: I probably will get laid. My friend a few weeks ago said "OK! Hows getting laid after prom?" and she raised her hand and said "Probably". So I think its a good chance that I will get something.

Oh and price of the ticket is usually $60 or so.

13. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Let me know if you get laid. I will eagerly await for your answer.

14. Defiance

Member Defiance oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...

United States
    Well it's probably better to ask her tomorrow considering what today is...

15. NeSchn
    OP

United States
    Hmmm, yeah but I think it would be better to do it sooner even if its April Fools. The sooner the better because you never know who will ask first.

I am still waiting for her to get on AIM, I was talking to her best friend (which I have been good friends with longer than I have known her) and she said to ask her, she wasn't sure whether she was looking around for someone else but it never hurts to ask.

16. NeSchn
    OP

United States
    So, I asked her about 20 minutes ago on AIM.

I just said " I got a question, will you go to prom with me?"

And she said "Of course!"

So yeah, Im going to prom with her. She's really hot too, all my friends and shit are like. W00T go neil!

17. Reaper

Member Reaper Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂

United States
    W00T go neil! [​IMG]

Posts merged

W00T go neil! [​IMG]

18. Luigi F Mario

Banned Luigi F Mario Banned

United States
    THIS IS A SERIOUS POST:

If your 100% positive that you will get laid, then go ahead with your plans. If not then the best thing to do is to go stag. Not only will you save the $ from not buying an extra ticket, you will have your pick of the girls that show up with no date. All you have to do is pick one, anyone, who doesn't have a date and show them lots of attention all night. Tell them that you we're going to ask them but you were too timid and your glad that they came, tell them that you have admired them for quite sometime and don't know why, except of course b/c you find them to be amazing, the most beautiful girl in the world! No matter how "Black Metal"m you are, you MUST dance with them allot, even if it is Hillary Duff music. Ask them if they will take pictures with you and pay for theirs, don't worry you have already saved the money from one ticket and dinner before(b/c you went stag). Now that they thought that no one wanted them and you showed them lot's of interest they will be grateful! here comes the part that requires more planning, you have to an "after prom" plan. Book a hotel/motel room before you go, and about an hour before prom is over say something like "How about we ditch these clowns and go somewhere more private" take her to your hotel, and offer her a shot or a mixed drink(you have to have alcohol already and it helps if it's already in the room when you arrive) if she smokes pot that works just as well, and enhances the sex! Play some music, make sure it is what she likes and not you(you are an animal ready to ravage at anytime but girls need the mood set) use youtube or have a pre planned playlist of everything girls your age might like. from there it is all you my friend!

also I am very drunk right now so excuse any typos, if you have more questions ask!

also this plan requires having NO STANDARDS wich is something I have, if you can't see yourself doing just "any girl" then this won't work. but if you will do anything with tits, then this is the best plan!

-Luigi Mario

19. Luigi F Mario

Banned Luigi F Mario Banned

United States
    also: I just read your most recent post, so my previous post is null. She will probably want to go to a dinner and hang out with friends afterwards so you getting laid is a long shot, but the hotel part is still a good idea!

20. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

such a MATURE ANSWER! .......NOT!

ignore comments like this NeSchn!

it will get you a face slap!

*scrolls down page and reads more*

WHOOOOOT GO NEIL!!!!

Now just be yourself and be great friends ... it will be less pressure for the both of you [​IMG]