• Views 2,078,116
  • Replies 1,683
  • Likes 90

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What i mean is, getting the full game on freeshop, making decrypted cia, downloading files with patch, then creating a new cia with the patch.(Basically the same thing with the patched demo).
AAI2 was an NDS game and the rom was patched in a different way. And if you pirate the game, don't expect any support from us.

Also, the main game will be patched in a different way from the Demo and will have some measures against piracy. No doubt someone will manage to circumvent that at some point and disrespect our wish not to use our patch with a pirated game, but if even a few people buy it as a result, that's worth it.

Also do you think there could be a translation of the web demo of DGS 2 online?
Maybe someone will make a youtube let's play, but translating the web demo is too much trouble. It's a series of tiny videos with hardcoded text and I don't think anyone would be crazy enough to edit dozens of 2-4 second clips...

Reactions: darklord1013

darklord1013

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or what if the DGS 2 demo was released on 3ds as a 3ds demo and not online? Would it then be considered for translating in the same way as the other DGS demo?

Last edited by darklord1013,

TurnaboutLover

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There was a stream to celebrate Ace Attorney's 15th anniversary (again) today with Eshiro as well as Phoenix and Ryuunosuke's Japanese VA. They teased DGS2 quite a bit and a new trailer was released:
Now if you'll excuse me I'll be over in the corner crying. /S

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Will there be digital support? I was out of town and I wanted to get this game so I downloaded it instead of ordering it because I was away for a while and didn't want to risk getting my copy stolen.
Well, you can only get it digitally on a Japanese 3DS and I doubt there are many people who own one and need a DGS translation. This is an edge-case we'll have to think about I guess...

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, you can only get it digitally on a Japanese 3DS and I doubt there are many people who own one and need a DGS translation. This is an edge-case we'll have to think about I guess...
Yeah... I probably should have waited to buy a hard copy but I couldn't help it. I have the super-famicom new 3ds xl and I use it because my North American 3ds is kaput. You guys don't have to develop a digital compatible version of it just for me though, I understand how the team feels about potential piracy.

Last edited by Seliph,

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah... I probably should have waited to buy a hard copy but I couldn't help it. I have the super-famicom new 3ds xl and I use it because my North American 3ds is kaput. You guys don't have to develop a digital compatible version of it just for me though, I understand how the team feels about potential piracy.
We'll find a way. It just might not be right away.

Reactions: Seliph

darklord1013

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-snip-
Also is low sales really the reason why the latest ace attorney games are digital only?

Last edited by raulpica, , Reason: Removed off-topic -rp

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
-snip- Also is low sales really the reason why the latest ace attorney games are digital only?
At least in Europe and USA. I
know that some of the games got a physical release in Japan, but for the European version, some of the languages were deleted because of poor sales (less languages, less money spent on translation, localization and voice acting)

Last edited by raulpica, , Reason: Removed off-topic -rp

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain
You can enter the japanese eshop with any other region console by changing the region or patching access to It. Btw, I have even the japanese GBA Games (collection and region and free, yey) I'm waiting for this cz i'd like to enjoy the game and understand what it says (appreciating your big effort, of course)

1x2x4x1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would this thread be shut down by Nintendo if it allowed people without the game to get access to the translated game?

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain
Would this thread be shut down by Nintendo if it allowed people without the game to get access to the translated game?

It contains copyrighted content (Allowing or not piracy for applying it) so it could be shut down but this doesn't get access to the game, just the patch.

You need to get the game elsewhere (obviously, you should buy legally the game)

1x2x4x1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It contains copyrighted content (Allowing or not piracy for applying it) so it could be shut down but this doesn't get access to the game, just the patch.

You need to get the game elsewhere (obviously, you should buy legally the game)
So it's just their preference

Last edited by 1x2x4x1,

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
-snip- Also is low sales really the reason why the latest ace attorney games are digital only?
Yes, if the game sold like hot cakes, they'd make a physical release. Digital-only is cheaper.

At least in Europe and USA. I
know that some of the games got a physical release in Japan, but for the European version, some of the languages were deleted because of poor sales (less languages, less money spent on translation, localization and voice acting)
AFAIK all games got a physical release in Japan. It does sell better there.

You can enter the japanese eshop with any other region console by changing the region or patching access to It. Btw, I have even the japanese GBA Games (collection and region and free, yey) I'm waiting for this cz i'd like to enjoy the game and understand what it says (appreciating your big effort, of course)
I haven't tried that and my guess is most of our users would be overwhelmed by this.

So it's just their preference
It's our preference, yes. You can't complain about DGS not comming to the west and the main series being digital-only and then go and pirate them. Notice the problem?

Last edited by raulpica,

miririhen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to start a fight, but is there any way for people overseas to buy physical copies of DGS that still support the developers? The only options I can find are from resellers and that gives nothing to the people making the game. In that sense, people with a JPN 3DS (which is more than you give credit for, given the fact that homebrew makes systems essentially region-free + JPN exclusives/special edition 3DS's) purchasing digitally is the only way to obtain the game in a way that still supports the release. Buying a used physical copy and pirating a copy both give $0 to the developer, so why is one better or worse?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1