Project:M using a USB loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Smashbro29, Jun 5, 2011.

Jun 5, 2011
  1. Smashbro29
    OP

Member Smashbro29 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    So basically my disc drive is starting to make tons of noise and take forever to get going, so I was wondering if there was a method to get Project:M to run using a USB loader.

I tried to just run it with cheat/orcarina options on and it either didn't detect them or crashed my Wii. I updated all the channels to the latest version, checked that the cheat file was present and even made sure that the file path was correct on each one.

Help out the guy who thinks he's tried everything.

2. Smashbro29
    OP

United States
    I figured it out! Use UNEEK=DI!

3. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    That's nice to hear. I thought that most (if not all?) SSBB hax were made possible with riivolution, and that riivolution doesn't work with USB-loaders or other backup means. I dunno if anyone ever bothered to try with uneek+di, but it's nice to know that it does work. [​IMG]

4. Smashbro29
    OP

United States
    Scratch that. Uneek DI is a mess. I use configurable USB loader. I'm not getting something because it kinda freezes in middle.

5. kirbymaster101

Member kirbymaster101 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Is porject m like brawl+? Like codes and files to put on your sd card? Cause if thats it couldn;t u just enable ocarina in your usb laoder

6. Spongeroberto

Member Spongeroberto GBAtemp Regular

Bhutan
    just put the files on your SD card as per normal (so the codes are in the normal place)

In your usb loader, enable ocarina cheats. When you start the game it will find the cheats and voila! Project M!

Naturally, this only works if you have the NTSC version of the game. The cheats are made for the NTSC version and trying it with PAL... well, it won't be pretty.

7. SamrajSinghAujla

Newcomer SamrajSinghAujla Newbie

my problem while doing this with configurable usb loader is that it will say too many cheats, even when i put gameconfig.txt on my sd card, i still get it saying that i have too many cheats and it doesnt load project m