Hardware Project M channel forwarder...

BoomerTowel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so like for the past day I've been trying to install a channel forwarder for project m (from USBloaderGX), and every time its ended in a banner brick. Yes, I've recovered from all 5 banner bricks. I was wondering if it is possible to get any sort of channel forwarder for project m, or if i could figure out what is causing the brick that would be nice. I was using CrapV3.3b to make the forwarder.

Details about stuff:
Project M 3.6 homebrew
USBloaderGX latest as of 4/2/2019
I used brawl builder to make a PM iso, not with ocarina

A few other things:
*i used wii backup manager to convert the iso into wbfs
*the iso was split into 2 different wbfs files, one was arround 3 gb and the other arround 4 gb

Thanks!

Last edited by BoomerTowel,

BoomerTowel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i already have the project m wbfs on a hard drive, i need a forwarder for the wbfs and/or i need to know how to create one that doesn't kill my wii for the 6th time.
but thanks anyway.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i already have the project m wbfs on a hard drive, i need a forwarder for the wbfs and/or i need to know how to create one that doesn't kill my wii for the 6th time.
but thanks anyway.
Does it have a different titleID than the original game (or do you not have the original installed, as to avoid conflicts)?
If yes, most usb loaders can take arguments to autoboot a game, so if your forwarder can pass arguments, it will work - "Crap" is a program dedicated to making forwarders for games

Note that some banners that work from disc will bannerbrick the console if used for an installable channel, since the allowed complexity is more limited - you could use a plain and boring banner to check if this is indeed your case...

BoomerTowel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it have a different titleID than the original game (or do you not have the original installed, as to avoid conflicts)?
If yes, most usb loaders can take arguments to autoboot a game, so if your forwarder can pass arguments, it will work - "Crap" is a program dedicated to making forwarders for games

Note that some banners that work from disc will bannerbrick the console if used for an installable channel, since the allowed complexity is more limited - you could use a plain and boring banner to check if this is indeed your case...

Yes the iso i created with brawlbuilder has a different title id, and i dont have brawl installed but i'm planning on doing it. i was never given a channel forwarder for the game so i made one with crap, but every time i tried installing it bricked. The banner is a bit complex (its like the brawl one but modified a bit), but i also have a custom banner for newer SMBW that's like the stalk New Super Mario Bros Wii one, and it didn't break my wii. So if i get a less complex banner it could fix? if so how would i make a banner. (i'm a bit of a noob to this sorry)

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So if i get a less complex banner it could fix?
If that was indeed the cause, yes!

if so how would i make a banner
Now that's something I would recommend to nobody - you can use Wadder/CustomizeMii/Benzin/etc to work on existing banners (or convert simple pictures) but it's a major annoyance (especially without SDK tools, which in turn require contemporary versions of famous graphics commercial software), though for testing you can just substitute any known working banner

BoomerTowel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If that was indeed the cause, yes!

Now that's something I would recommend to nobody - you can use Wadder/CustomizeMii/Benzin/etc to work on existing banners (or convert simple pictures) but it's a major annoyance (especially without SDK tools, which in turn require contemporary versions of famous graphics commercial software), though for testing you can just substitute any known working banner

I tried to find a smaller banner for the wad and it worked! Thanks for the help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ StealthD0g99: I think we as a society should take the Cave Johnson approach to scientific studies