Gaming Homebrew game Project+ : Black Screen and Invalid Address Problem, when trying to load it.

Vmac_attack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, I'm having a problem trying to load Project+ on my Wii Console, using the "USB Loader Method" from the: DEFINITIVE Project Plus Install Guide (EVERY METHOD!) - YouTube"

Every time I try to load Project+, I get Black a screen and then a minute later, these different addresses appear on the screen, telling me to "(read from DAR)".

Here is what I mean:
0.jpg

What does any of this mean?

MY HARD DRIVE is a: Western Digital My Passport portable Hard Drive with 1TB, formatted to FAT32 with 32KB allocation, and I am using the chord that came with it.
(Just to make it clear, everything else on my Wii console and Hard Drive works, like the Wii and GameCube games that I have on USB Loader GX and Nintendont, they all work superbly.) Which is why I need to understand why does Project+ only have this problem and how to solve that problem and fix it.)

My cIOS is d2x v8 final in base56 with Slot249, base57 with Slot250, and Base58 with Slot251, all three with 65535.

I have two Questions:

#1: Is there any thing that I am doing wrong?

#2: Can anyone help me with this please?, if not, Can anyone recommend me to someone who will be able to help me with this?

IF YOU ARE ABLE TO HELP ME, PLEASE NOTIFY ME ASAP. Thanks.

Last edited by Vmac_attack,

Draxikor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Those smash mods have a lot of troubles on real hardware, try this, when you run the game keep the button start pressed (or + if you are using the classic control) until the game runs or the white letters appear.
In the Pmex Remix mod there is a function that allows to skip the intro game pressing start, without it the mod do the same problem you have with project plus.

Vmac_attack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Those smash mods have a lot of troubles on real hardware, try this, when you run the game keep the button start pressed (or + if you are using the classic control) until the game runs or the white letters appear.
In the Pmex Remix mod there is a function that allows to skip the intro game pressing start, without it the mod do the same problem you have with project plus.

Hi.
I tried what you suggested. When I try to Load the Launch menu it works, but it doesn't work when I press and hold play. It comes up with the same white text. And since that was the first time for me just being able to get on the Launch Menu, another problem occurs!. If I don't press play within 10 secconds, different white text comes up and saying "dsi exeption" with a Code Dump and a Stack Dump and then I have to roload the console.

I have tried multiple times, but it still has the same outcome, "Invalid address", at least I'm a step closer to playing it when it comes to now being able to get into the Launch Menu.

Thank you for for the suggestion.

Are you still able to help me? If not, are you able to recommend someone to me?, without me sounding like a leech.

Thanks.

Draxikor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Investigating a little I managed to run the mod using usb loader GX (you still need to use the SD) if you are interested I can tell you how.

Draxikor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
1. Create a folder in the root of your SD card and rename it to "codes".
2. On the folder "Project+" copy the file gc.text and paste it on the root of the SD and rename it to "gameconfig.txt.
3. On "Project+" folder drag the boost.txt file to the "GCTrealmate.exe" program and it will create a new boost.gct file, do the same with the RSBE01.txt file, when you already have both gct files copy them and paste them in the "codes" folder.
4. On USB loader GX go to Global Settings/custom Paths and on the GCT cheatcodes Path, set the "codes" folder in the SD.
5. In the game settings (still on the loader) change this parameters:

Game language: English
Ocarina: on
Hooktype: AXNextFrame
Game Ios: 245

With this steps the game is running ok for me and i have the same HDD.

Vmac_attack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
1. Create a folder in the root of your SD card and rename it to "codes".
2. On the folder "Project+" copy the file gc.text and paste it on the root of the SD and rename it to "gameconfig.txt.
3. On "Project+" folder drag the boost.txt file to the "GCTrealmate.exe" program and it will create a new boost.gct file, do the same with the RSBE01.txt file, when you already have both gct files copy them and paste them in the "codes" folder.
4. On USB loader GX go to Global Settings/custom Paths and on the GCT cheatcodes Path, set the "codes" folder in the SD.
5. In the game settings (still on the loader) change this parameters:

Game language: English
Ocarina: on
Hooktype: AXNextFrame
Game Ios: 245

With this steps the game is running ok for me and i have the same HDD.

I tried.
Unfortunately, it didn't work.
It just loads Brawl on me, instead of Project+.
I followed every step and double checked everything, but it still didn't work for me.

Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it and I have been very great-full for you help.

Draxikor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Are you sure your game is USA version? The mod won't work on PAL or jap.
Don't give up yet, try all the Hooktype modes with the iOS 245 and then with 249.
The PMEX mod i mentioned early has this problems too, the new version just works with 245 iOS and AXNextFrame but the early one with 249 and VBI Hooktype.
Another problem could be your SD, i was told that SDXC is less compatible, if you have other SD try it.
I look on the discord server of the mod and that's the tutorial they have yo run the game on USB loader GX and it works for many so maybe your problem is more rare.
Having said all the above, I will tell you that after playing for a while Project + is not the best mod of all although it does not mean that it is bad, it just feels like a Project M a little more polished, the AI of the characters feels the same as in Project M and PMEX Remix, from my point of view it might not be so worth it, if it had an online function on the Wii and not only on Dolphin maybe it would be worth it. But hey, it's just my opinion.

Vmac_attack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Are you sure your game is USA version? The mod won't work on PAL or jap.
Don't give up yet, try all the Hooktype modes with the iOS 245 and then with 249.
The PMEX mod i mentioned early has this problems too, the new version just works with 245 iOS and AXNextFrame but the early one with 249 and VBI Hooktype.
Another problem could be your SD, i was told that SDXC is less compatible, if you have other SD try it.
I look on the discord server of the mod and that's the tutorial they have yo run the game on USB loader GX and it works for many so maybe your problem is more rare.

Hi again, sorry for the delay I was very busy yesterday.

Yes it is the USA version. I checked Via it's game address: ([RSBE01] for NTSC(USA) and [RSBP01] for PAL)

I have tried all the Hooktype modes with iOS 245 and then with 249, but still, none of them worked for loading project+, THEY ALL just loaded Brawl.
I even tried HookType "none" to see if that would work, but just like the others, it loaded Brawl instead.

I agree that my problem could be rarer than others and I also agree that it could possibly be my SDXC card.

Just encase if it is my SDXC card, what brand of SD cards would you to recommend to me? and how much storage,etc?
Thanks.
Having said all the above, I will tell you that after playing for a while Project + is not the best mod of all although it does not mean that it is bad, it just feels like a Project M a little more polished, the AI of the characters feels the same as in Project M and PMEX Remix, from my point of view it might not be so worth it, if it had an online function on the Wii and not only on Dolphin maybe it would be worth it. But hey, it's just my opinion.

All my life, I have only played Brawl. Only then after Homebrewing my console and installing Nintendont, I got to play Melee.
Melee for me was very difficult, especially JUST trying to control your character not to fall off the edge when you're walking.

Other than those two, I have never played any other version or Mod, which is why I really want to get project+. I originally first wanted to get Legacy XP 2.11 but as you know, it unfortunately shut down, which is just eight years too late for me, then I wanted to get Project+ instead, since it is still up and running.

Draxikor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@Vmac_attack
Kingston SDHC are ok in fact i use 3 micro SDHC with it's adapter and run fine with Smash modes, two are 16gb and the other 8gb.
The PMEX remix is a mod that has constant updates you could try it too and contrary to Project + this one it has had online functions in the wii, although every time an update comes out, it takes a while to update that function again.

Vmac_attack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@Vmac_attack
Kingston SDHC are ok in fact i use 3 micro SDHC with it's adapter and run fine with Smash modes, two are 16gb and the other 8gb.
The PMEX remix is a mod that has constant updates you could try it too and contrary to Project + this one it has had online functions in the wii, although every time an update comes out, it takes a while to update that function again.

Hi, sorry for the delay again.
I was unable to get a kingston SD card and could only get a Sandisk micro SDHC card 16GB. I will be testing it later since I will now be very busy within the next few days.
I will give you feed back ASAP.
Thanks.

Reactions: Draxikor

Vmac_attack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, sorry for the delay again.
I was unable to get a kingston SD card and could only get a Sandisk micro SDHC card 16GB. I will be testing it later since I will now be very busy within the next few days.
I will give you feed back ASAP.
Thanks.

Hi, I Managed to get some time to respond.

I have tested the Sandisk micro SDHC 16GB Card..................................IT WORKS!!!!, IT FIXED MY PROBLEM!!!, FINALLY!!!!! I can now load and get to play Project+ for the first time. It loads effortlessly, NO bugs, faults or bricks, I LOVE IT!!!!
I first tested the SDHC card from Project+'s USB Loader and it worked immediately on the first try, now I don't need to load it from USB Loader GX.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP
and
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PUTTING YOUR TIME ASIDE IN ORDER TO HELP ME.

I AM VERY GREAT-FULL FOR ALL OF YOU HELP.

THANK YOU.

Vmac_attack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Now you can try PMEX remix too, believe me sometimes is better than Project Plus.

Hello again, I am now free for the next few days, so I'm now able respond a lot faster then I have been(sorry about that).

I downloaded PMEX Remix, but for some reason I can't load the game.
I tried the Default Loader, but it sends me back to the Wii menu.
I tried the Geko Loader, but that was expecting an USA disc of brawl, which I don't have(to make that clear).
I tried PMEX Remix's USB Loader but it couldn't find the hard drive, but it wanted me to format my hard drive to WBFS as if it knew it was there anyway.

Is formatting a hard drive to WBFS even possible?, because I have never heard of that. I don't want to reformat it anyway because my hard drive's format is FAT 32 with 32kb allocation and theoretically to my knowledge it should be able to work with FAT32, unless I am wrong.

What would you recommend for me to do?
Thanks.

Vmac_attack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
For that mod i run it with USB loader GX, use the instructions for my first comments.
You can use Wbfs format but isnt neccesary is just neccesary for drives that have serious compatibility issues.
This is the latest PMEX version
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q6BuStLEz1zMiukeRrjGVWRKKRkN1bet/view?usp=drivesdk

Hi, sorry for the delay.

When I try to load PMEX Remix from USB loader GX, it loads Brawl on me instead.
I haven't tried all of the hook types yet because I might know what the problem is, but I wanted to ask you first:

Do I have to Make ANOTHER codes file in my SD Card that is ONLY for PMEX Remix, and configure USB Loader GX's custom path to that specific codes file? Because I put all of the codes for PMEX Remix in the same codes file for Project+. Could this be be the problem?

What is your opinion on the "Wii remote only" codes for PMEX Remix?, are they worth it?

Thanks.

Draxikor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You can't have the two mods on the same SD, because the codes create a conflict, you need to use another SD for each mod.
I never used that cheat code i play with Gc controller or classic pro

Vmac_attack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You can't have the two mods on the same SD, because the codes create a conflict, you need to use another SD for each mod.
I never used that cheat code i play with Gc controller or classic pro

Hi.
Thanks for explaining that to me.
Since I am unable to get another SD card right now, I Deleted Project+ and re-installed PMEX Remix on to my SD Card. Opening the game from USB Loader GX now works, but almost every time I try to change my character"s color or try to pick a stage, It gives me the Invalid address error.

The codes that I'm using are the "Normal Codeset" in the "Additionall codesets, Use the one as needed" folder.

Is there any purpose for the RSBE02.GCT file?, because I tried running the game without it and it still worked, but, it still had the same outcome, even when it was included in the codes file.

What should I do to fix all of this this?
Thanks.

Draxikor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The only random bugs i get are when choosing a scenario with an specific characters but never when changing the costumes, maybe some file from Project + is still in the SD and creates a conflict.

Vmac_attack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The only random bugs i get are when choosing a scenario with an specific characters but never when changing the costumes, maybe some file from Project + is still in the SD and creates a conflict.

Hi, sorry for the delay, again.

I formatted the SD Card to make sure that there weren't any residual codes from Project+ and then re-installed PMEX Remix on the root of the SD Card but unfortunately, it now loads Brawl instead.

For the past few days I have been trying to fix this problem, using the knowledge that you have given me. I Tried with both IOSs 245 and 249 with every Hooktype and even switched from the "Normal Codeset" codes, to the "Wii remote only" codes, but nothing has changed the problem since then.

Unfortunately with everything that I have tried, it seems that PMEX Remix is not meant to be for my console.

Thank you for all of the help you have given me, I really appreciate it.

Reactions: Draxikor

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16