Hacking Program to change the versionsnumber of an IOS that is in wad-form?

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
can this be done for changing the slot where it gets installed...?? lets say cIOS55 (from CIOScorp) to get it as IOS250...!!
huh.gif

EDIT: and use Alt+PtnScrn to take just the window you are on
wink.gif

Heres a example of IOS53

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/4747/iosslot.jpg

but it corrupts the IOS so useless, i haven't fully figured that out yet, 53 is dec just convert to hex to get 35, if you change this to FF then save and re-pack the wad then unpack it again you'll notice the output folder is now 00000001000000FF so it is changing the IOS Slot but it corrupts the IOS, sense i was not able to install the IOS after changing the IOS Slot, and no i didn't try to install it has IOS255 i'm not that stupid.lol this was just a example. if you look in the previous pic i posted for IOS55 you can easily find the location for this, which for IOS55 this would be 37, but it does seem to corrupt the IOS after changing it, more editing may be required to get this fully working though. really dont see a reason for this anyways

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
I think you also need to change the name of the ticket...!!!
smile.gif

well it changes all the names automatically see after changing the IOS Slot which was IOS53 to start with example if the change the number 35 to lets say to FA which equals IOS250 then re-pack and unpack, it looks like this in the output folder, and i didn't just rename them, it does all this by itself after changing 35 to fa in the TMD then re-pack and unpack again

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/8745/hmmfa.jpg

but it will give a error on install also i'm just using IOS250 as a example , i guessing theres something inside the ticket thats needs to be editied aswell, never really looked at it though, but i think thats were the extra problem is

edit: Dont people already have apps that can do this sort of thing anyways?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well I found out where in the ticket you can change the number of the slot, but still the ticket has some information about the whole IOS, so you need to create one, so in order to install it, you need a fake ticket, and there is one Multi_cIOS made by WiiPower, so I think I'm gonna check that source out and see if I can make the necesary changes to do what I want....!!
smile.gif

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
ok i see the problem,

after changing the IOS Slot just in the TMD of IOS53 and changing it to IOS250, after re-packing then un-Packing take alook at what its doing to the ticket,

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/6559/headerxud.jpg

its missing the Whole header. i highlighted were it should be

edit: Scratch that, it seems all fake signed Tiks are missing the header modified or not, Oh Well good luck in figuring out what you want to do
smile.gif

EditAgain: Well i figured it out. How to change the IOS Slot Successfully and to get it to install, i will upload pics on instructions hope this helps

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heres a example of how to Install IOS55 to IOS Slot 250, This is just a example on the process I'll post two pics hopefully thats all i need to explain it, this is the same throughout IOS Wads

1: Unpack the IOS55 Wad

2. Open the Tik in a Hex editor Remember 55 is dec convert to hex and you get 37 here weres it located in the Tik

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/5797/tikiosslot.jpg

Change this to FA which equals 250 and save

3. Open the TMD in the Hex editor Remember 55 is dec blah blah heres were its located in the TMD
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/4628/tmdiosslot.jpg

Change this also to FA which equals 250 and save

4. If you want to max out the Version Number do so in the TMD which that info is posted in the above post

5.Re-Pack your New IOS and Install

And thats how its done, i just tested and it does install to IOS Slot250 and isn't corrupt, Now May i ask What purpose does this have.lol actually i tested on installing to IOS56 so i wouldn't over write anything i needed.
gbasp.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Hypothetically speaking, if I were to update my IOS 249 wad to a maxxed out version (9999), then perform an official nintendo update, it will not be overwritten by a stub, correct? And the only way to update this IOS would be to delete it (because it can't be overwritten if the version is maxxed out) using any title deleter (obviously dangerous for IOSs used by the system menu), then reinstall the updated IOS.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
xflak40 said:
Hypothetically speaking, if I were to update my IOS 249 wad to a maxxed out version (9999), then perform an official nintendo update, it will not be overwritten by a stub, correct? And the only way to update this IOS would be to delete it (because it can't be overwritten if the version is maxxed out) using any title deleter (obviously dangerous for IOSs used by the system menu), then reinstall the updated IOS.

You don't need it for 4.2, there is no guarantee that anything you do will block Nintendo from overwriting. I would guess they will do something a bit more extreme next time.
SNEEK is probably going to be the best route, downloading the updates to the SD.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
so, would there be any point in updating stubbed cios's to version 99999, then reinstalling them? If you don't update i guess it's pointless, and if u do there is no guarantee it wont stub the cios's. But the real question is, will I be harming my wii if i were to reinstall a cios with an updated version. This should be safe correct?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BakerMan, every since his partner left luke hasn't been the same