ROM Hack Professor Layton and the Unwound Future ROM Releases

temp4746

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
It seems there are two releaes of this game's ROM floating around.
One by VENOM which seems to include a patch for the AP but I heard it also as an intro screen which I hate having in my roms.
And there is another one by NukeThis which is supposedly a clean dump which would require either a fix from the flashcart software/firmware or a patch.

Now for my point can someone help me and confirm if the VENOM version does indeed have an intro screen?
And if the patch that is available here: http://gbatemp.net/t258736-professor-layto...future-u-ap-fix
works well, as in doesn't just transform one version to the other thus adding back the intro screen if it exists.

YoshiKart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I see before I switched to NukeThis's clean rom, VENOM's release didn't have an intro. I tried this on AKAIO 1.7.1 and DSTWO.

Matthew

Trophies
XP
Country
Cant remeber were I got mine from but it is clean, no intro and works perfectly on my R4i-SDHC(yeah I know its a clone but it does the job) with no patching

temp4746

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Matthew said:
Cant remeber were I got mine from but it is clean, no intro and works perfectly on my R4i-SDHC(yeah I know its a clone but it does the job) with no patching
The question is which release would that be
tongue.gif

And also as the R4 is, you can get quite a few firmware on it, and maybe some of them have auto AP patching for this game which then means you might not need a patch but someone else does.

I personally have an M3 Real, which it's latest official firmware doesn't yet have auto AP patching for this game.

QUOTE(YoshiKart @ Oct 24 2010, 12:11 AM) From what I see before I switched to NukeThis's clean rom, VENOM's release didn't have an intro. I tried this on AKAIO 1.7.1 and DSTWO.
So the venom release doesn't have an intro?
I guess that means I can use that version to play.
I would be glad for more confirmation though.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
temp4746 said:
Matthew said:
The question is which release would that be
tongue.gif

And also as the R4 is, you can get quite a few firmware on it, and maybe some of them have auto AP patching for this game which then means you might not need a patch but someone else does.

I personally have an M3 Real, which it's latest official firmware doesn't yet have auto AP patching for this game.

QUOTE(YoshiKart @ Oct 24 2010, 12:11 AM) From what I see before I switched to NukeThis's clean rom, VENOM's release didn't have an intro. I tried this on AKAIO 1.7.1 and DSTWO.
So the venom release doesn't have an intro?
I guess that means I can use that version to play.
I would be glad for more confirmation though.
Just get the Venom version if your flashcart does not have it fixed. Or you can get the NukeThis release which is the clean and patch it, I can't remember if there was an intro or not as I'm using the clean version, sorry.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over