Professor Layton and the Unwound Future ROM Releases

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by temp4746, Oct 23, 2010.

1. temp4746
    OP

Newcomer temp4746 Advanced Member

Israel
    It seems there are two releaes of this game's ROM floating around.
    One by VENOM which seems to include a patch for the AP but I heard it also as an intro screen which I hate having in my roms.
    And there is another one by NukeThis which is supposedly a clean dump which would require either a fix from the flashcart software/firmware or a patch.

Now for my point can someone help me and confirm if the VENOM version does indeed have an intro screen?
    And if the patch that is available here: http://gbatemp.net/t258736-professor-layto...future-u-ap-fix
    works well, as in doesn't just transform one version to the other thus adding back the intro screen if it exists.

2. YoshiKart

Member YoshiKart GBAtemp Regular

United States
    From what I see before I switched to NukeThis's clean rom, VENOM's release didn't have an intro. I tried this on AKAIO 1.7.1 and DSTWO.

3. Matthew

Member Matthew GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Cant remeber were I got mine from but it is clean, no intro and works perfectly on my R4i-SDHC(yeah I know its a clone but it does the job) with no patching

4. temp4746
    OP

Newcomer temp4746 Advanced Member

Israel
    So the venom release doesn't have an intro?
    I guess that means I can use that version to play.
    I would be glad for more confirmation though.

5. gifi4

Member gifi4 How am I a 'New Member'?

Australia
    Just get the Venom version if your flashcart does not have it fixed. Or you can get the NukeThis release which is the clean and patch it, I can't remember if there was an intro or not as I'm using the clean version, sorry.

6. napalamman

Newcomer napalamman Member

Philippines
    is the the issue where it just loops on the first puzzle? is the patch included in the link?