Gaming Prof. Layton Games' Order?

Lusankya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
TheTwoR's said:
By the way guy somewhere at the end of the official "Layton VS. Ace Attorney" thread there are rumors that say it won't come out in the US..
Is it true? Like is it stated anywhere?? Any reliable sources? Cause it would be a shame considering Ace Attorney AND Layton are two very successful games, then the cancel the mega awesome collaboration in the US? That's awkward.. and sad actually.
Yeah.
No hint whatsoever that the game won't be released in the US/Europe.
However there isn't even a release date for Japan, so of course there are no informations about an international version.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
8BitWalugi said:
If you don't recall, Layton and Luke parted ways at the end of Unwound Future. Odds are they're not going to meet. Then again, I've forgotten the details of Luke's letter, so who knows...

The letter said stuff about a new mystery

"It seems like the sort of mystery that's tailor made for Professor Layton and his apprentice.
I don't think anyone else could get to the bottom of it.
I've enclosed a document with this document that will tell you more about the situation.
I can't wait to start this new adventure with you! Please write back as soon as you get this letter!

I find it pretty obvious that they are going to meet again.

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The fictional order is
  • The Specter's Flute
  • The Eternal Diva
  • The Mask of Miracle
  • The Curious Village
  • The Diabolic Box
  • The Unwound Future
The Game Order is:
  • The Specters Flute (Japan Only, 26 November 2009. NA & EU: TBA)
  • The Curious Village
  • The Diabolic Box
  • The Unwound Future
  • The Mask of Miracle (Japan, 26 February. NA, EU & AU: TBA) for 3DS
  • {Maybe 'The Specter's Flute' re-release for Japan, North-America, Europe and Australia? Also Japan because the functions of the game has changed a lot. And only the rest of the world wouldn't be fare to the Japanese people.}
If we talk about Luke. The fictional order is else (see beginning of my post). So why is Luke in part 2, 4, 5 and 6, and not in part 1? They don't split up. Especially because I think there comes a part 7 because of the succes of this series.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Waflix said:
The Game Order is:
  • The Curious Village
  • The Diabolic Box
  • The Unwound Future
  • {Maybe 'The Specter's Flute' re-release for Japan, North-America, Europe and Australia? Also Japan because the functions of the game has changed a lot. And only the rest of the world wouldn't be fare to the Japanese people.}
If we talk about Luke. The fictional order is else (see beginning of my post). So why is Luke in part 2, 4, 5 and 6, and not in part 1? They don't split up. Especially because I think there comes a part 7 because of the succes of this series.
Specter's Flute came out after Unwound Future. So your "rerelease in Japan" point is moot.

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Wow. That was very clear. Thanks guys
laugh.gif

Oh well I wanted to get Mask of Miracle along with that 3DS of mine... =/
I hope the US launch lineup is out soon.

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
YayMii said:
Waflix said:
The Game Order is:
  • The Curious Village
  • The Diabolic Box
  • The Unwound Future
Specter's Flute came out after Unwound Future. So your "rerelease in Japan" point is moot.

Yikes...
Thanks for correcting.

Trophies
XP
Country
If I remember correctly, Luke and Layton met as the good professor is one of Luke's elementary teacher. This is how I understood the statements insinuated in The Eternal Diva. Luke just became very fond of the Professor since he's an archeologist by trade and a detective by profession.

As an added trivia, Layton's character actually resembles Master Keaton - a kickass character that stars in the eponymous anime. Layton and he are pretty much the same, but Keaton's more human compared to Layton as he usually tackles the troubles of life such as wanting to be more than just a teacher/run off the mill archeologist, trying to be a good father and son, and the ocassional Macguyver moments whenever he's in a pinch during his detective stints.

Going back on topic, The Eternal Diva is a mishmash of sorts as the narration is actually set after the Curious Village (though a lot of cameos from The Diabolical Box are present) but the narrated story is set way before as Luke's just started his role as "Professor Layton's Apprentice."

Of course, I could be off on a few things about The Eternal Diva as it's been awhile since I've watched it. Great movie, just wish that there were more viewer involved puzzles. It initially started as a very engaging and interactive movie then proceeded to become a usual affair where you just watch and see the plot unfold. Not bad by any mean, but I kinda expected it be a Layton trademark where the story is peppered with a lot of fun puzzles.

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
2002120141 said:
If I remember correctly, Luke and Layton met as the good professor is one of Luke's elementary teacher. This is how I understood the statements insinuated in The Eternal Diva. Luke just became very fond of the Professor since he's an archeologist by trade and a detective by profession.

As an added trivia, Layton's character actually resembles Master Keaton - a kickass character that stars in the eponymous anime. Layton and he are pretty much the same, but Keaton's more human compared to Layton as he usually tackles the troubles of life such as wanting to be more than just a teacher/run off the mill archeologist, trying to be a good father and son, and the ocassional Macguyver moments whenever he's in a pinch during his detective stints.

Going back on topic, The Eternal Diva is a mishmash of sorts as the narration is actually set after the Curious Village (though a lot of cameos from The Diabolical Box are present) but the narrated story is set way before as Luke's just started his role as "Professor Layton's Apprentice."

Of course, I could be off on a few things about The Eternal Diva as it's been awhile since I've watched it. Great movie, just wish that there were more viewer involved puzzles. It initially started as a very engaging and interactive movie then proceeded to become a usual affair where you just watch and see the plot unfold. Not bad by any mean, but I kinda expected it be a Layton trademark where the story is peppered with a lot of fun puzzles.

I watched the Eternal Diva 5 days ago, and I agree there were not as much puzzles as I expected. But I think it is hard to make a Layton movie. If you make to much puzzles, it is boring. If there are to less, then it is boring too. I think the movie was on the edge of being boring.
But as you said; "Not bad by any mean". And I agree. It is a good move. I would give it an 8 at scale of 10.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: Me when I'm buying groceries and I feel like I forget something and as soon as I press "Buy" I...