OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello.
I think most of us know that there are 6 Professor Layton games, 3 which have not been released yet.
They are (not in order):
-Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
-Professor Layton and the Specter's flute
-Professor Layton and the Unwound future
-Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney
-Professor Layton and the Curious Village
-Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle

(Yeah I know, the titles look beautiful when they're all stacked over each other
wub.gif
SO MANY LAYTON GAMES
biggrin.gif
)

So my question is... What is the chronological order for the game? (Like the order according to the story.. And I don't think that Prof. Layton vs. Ace Attorney is following the story so you can cross that one out)

And, what is the release order?
smile.gif

Thank you!
biggrin.gif

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
TheTwoR's said:
Hello.
I think most of us know that there are 6 Professor Layton games, 3 which have not been released yet.
They are (not in order):
-Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
-Professor Layton and the Specter's flute
-Professor Layton and the Unwound future
-Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney
-Professor Layton and the Curious Village
-Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle

(Yeah I know, the titles look beautiful when they're all stacked over each other
wub.gif
SO MANY LAYTON GAMES
biggrin.gif
)

So my question is... What is the chronological order for the game? (Like the order according to the story.. And I don't think that Prof. Layton vs. Ace Attorney is following the story so you can cross that one out)

smile.gif

Thank you!
biggrin.gif

Professor Layton and the Curious Village - International Release
Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box - International Release
Professor Layton and the Unwound Future - International Release
Professor Layton and the Specter's Flute - Japan Only - No international release date available
Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle - Japan Only (3DS launch title) - No international release date available
Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney - No release yet anywhere

There ya go.

squall23

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Chronologically:

Professor Layton and the Specter's Flute
Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva (movie)
Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle
Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney
Professor Layton and the Curious Village
Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Professor Layton and the Unwound Future

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
That's the release order??
biggrin.gif

(I never knew the Specter's Flute comes before the Mask of Miracle
unsure.gif
...)
But thanks anyway
biggrin.gif
Anyone knows the chronological order?
Edit: nvm thanks squall23

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh yeah, that's it. Ignored the fact that they stopped making games relevant to the present and went on a freaking prequel spree.

At least I got the releases right. :3

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
squall23 said:
Chronologically:

Fix'd.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
8BitWalugi said:
squall23 said:
Chronologically:

Fix'd.

Missed that. Yeah, the crossover game is completely separate, not taking place in either world. It can pretty much be sliced from the timeline all together.

For any wondering, I guess Level-5 has said the next game will take place after Mask of Miracle. I guess it's time for infinite prequels until they come up with more ideas to continue the series the other direction.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Nathan Drake said:
8BitWalugi said:
squall23 said:
Chronologically:

Fix'd.

Missed that. Yeah, the crossover game is completely separate, not taking place in either world. It can pretty much be sliced from the timeline all together.

For any wondering, I guess Level-5 has said the next game will take place after Mask of Miracle. I guess it's time for infinite prequels until they come up with more ideas to continue the series the other direction.
If you don't recall, Layton and Luke parted ways at the end of Unwound Future. Odds are they're not going to meet. Then again, I've forgotten the details of Luke's letter, so who knows...

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
8BitWalugi said:
If you don't recall, Layton and Luke parted ways at the end of Unwound Future. Odds are they're not going to meet. Then again, I've forgotten the details of Luke's letter, so who knows...

I never actually played the Unwound Future (don't worry about the spoiler, I would have spoiled it for myself anyways). Game developers are smart though, they would find someway to have the two reunite if they ever decided to continue in the present for the series.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Nathan Drake said:
8BitWalugi said:

I never actually played the Unwound Future (don't worry about the spoiler, I would have spoiled it for myself anyways). Game developers are smart though, they would find someway to have the two reunite if they ever decided to continue in the present for the series.
Oh shit. Sorry bro.

I don't know if they're going to meet up. Besides, the prequels seem OK. And let's not forget there are going to be many more movies coming.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
8BitWalugi said:
Nathan Drake said:
8BitWalugi said:

Oh shit. Sorry bro.

I don't know if they're going to meet up. Besides, the prequels seem OK. And let's not forget there are going to be many more movies coming.

Like I said, don't worry about it. I even spoiled Golden Sun DS for myself because I just wanted to know how it ends to see if it was a gaudy redo or if they had freshened it up.

I will eventually play all of the Layton games, just take them slow, as I can only play so many riddles. Having an off touchscreen made the games pretty difficult too on an entirely different level. I still need to watch The Eternal Diva too. I be behind.

TheTwoR's

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Umm wait squall23, how can the Eternal Diva come chronologically before Curios Village if in the beginning of the movie they already know and met Flora?
tongue.gif

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
The events of Eternal Diva take place directly after the Specter's Flute I guess. The entire timeline is getting a little wonky with every new release, but people will still manage to keep it in order somehow.

Frogman

This could be you!
Trophies
Website
www.frogmanreviews.com
XP
Country
8BitWalugi said:

AHGYTDYJGGHJGFKEFH:HEKFHJ:FKHGKHJSFJFK

SPOILER ALERT

QUOTE(8BitWalugi @ Jan 8 2011, 06:57 PM) If you don't recall,
Layton and Luke parted ways at the end of Unwound Future. Odds are they're not going to meet. Then again, I've forgotten the details of Luke's letter, so who knows...

Fix'd

TheTwoR's

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Coreyfrog7 said:
8BitWalugi said:

SPOILER ALERT

Layton and Luke parted ways at the end of Unwound Future. Odds are they're not going to meet. Then again, I've forgotten the details of Luke's letter, so who knows...

Fix'd

Who whoa whoa does that mean there aren't gonna be any games AFTER Unwound future chronologically? :'(
ohnoes.png

At the end of Unwound Future I really expected them to meet again really soon..
I never would have thought it's the end :'( :'(

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
TheTwoR's said:
Coreyfrog7 said:
8BitWalugi said:

SPOILER ALERT

Fix'd

Who whoa whoa does that mean there aren't gonna be any games AFTER Unwound future chronologically? :'(
ohnoes.png

At the end of Unwound Future I really expected them to meet again really soon..
I never would have thought it's the end :'( :'(
I think Luke said that he hopes they meet up again. Then again, why the hell was Luke with Layton to begin with? We need to find out in Layton before we can start speculating. In the meantime, we wait. Unless someone's played and understood Layton 4 Jap.

squall23

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
8BitWalugi said:
I think Luke said that he hopes they meet up again. Then again, why the hell was Luke with Layton to begin with? We need to find out in Layton before we can start speculating. In the meantime, we wait. Unless someone's played and understood Layton 4 Jap.
Wasn't this covered in Layton 3?
Layton is friends with Luke's dad and Luke just happened to have met Layton. Layton is kind of like Luke's permanent babysitter because Luke's dad is always busy with work.

As for the Layton vs AA thing. While it isn't canonical, you can technically put it in the timeline as before Curious Village due to Luke's clothing.

TheTwoR's

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Nathan Drake said:
TheTwoR's said:
Hello.
smile.gif

Thank you!
biggrin.gif

Professor Layton and the Curious Village - International Release
Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box - International Release
Professor Layton and the Unwound Future - International Release
Professor Layton and the Specter's Flute - Japan Only - No international release date available
Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle - Japan Only (3DS launch title) - No international release date available
Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney - No release yet anywhere

There ya go.

Whoa whoa something just popped up in mind here...
tongue.gif

So if we have the 3DS coming in March, that means Mask of Miracle is coming in March as well.
And you just said that Specter's flute is before Mask of Miracle.. So Specter's flute will be released soon/already has been released?
ohmy.gif

*Googling* OMGGGG IT'S ALREADY OUT
ohmy.gif
! Awesome!
By the way guy somewhere at the end of the official "Layton VS. Ace Attorney" thread there are rumors that say it won't come out in the US..
Is it true? Like is it stated anywhere?? Any reliable sources? Cause it would be a shame considering Ace Attorney AND Layton are two very successful games, then the cancel the mega awesome collaboration in the US? That's awkward.. and sad actually.
Yeah.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro