MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi guys,

I'd like to play some Super Mario Bros. 3 on my Wii U so I downloaded the official VC with the USB Helper and installed it to my HDD. I wanted to use a cheat for infinite lives though, so I used JGecko U to make that code and use it. However, when the code is on, the console always freezes when you open the VC menu by touching the gamepad screen, that is a known issue with JGecko U from what my Google research has told me. I then decided to hex edit the ROM on my PC to achieve the same goal of having infinite lives. Now, the edited ROM works perfectly fine on any emulator on my PC but I just can't inject it into a VC game to play the patched game on my Wii U.
I tried three methods to get this to work:
1. Dumped the rpx file of the original SMB3 VC via ftpiiu and converted it into an elf file using rpl2elf, then I injected the ROM into it using RetroInjector and used makerpl64 to convert the new elf file back into a rpx file, which I copied onto my Wii U with ftpiiu, replacing the original rpx. When I started the game afterwards, I just got a blackscreen, with the VC menu still showing up when tapping on the gamepad screen.

2. Downloaded the SMB3 VC with the USB Helper again and unpacked it this time, getting rid of any possibility that ftpiiu might corrupt anything. Replaced the rpx like I did before and then packed everything with NUSPacker. I then deleted the original VC from my console and installed this one, which behaved just like the first method.

3. Used the Ultimate VC Injector to create my inject, which just resulted in an error screen after launching the title, asking me to turn off the console.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong here, especially with the first two methods. Can anyone give me some advice here? I can't imagine that the patched ROM simply can't be injected since I just changed one single byte in the ROM so I can't see it becoming incompatible because of that.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Do other NES games work with the injector?
I would advice using loadiine first for testing porpuses, and if it everything goes fine pack the game to WUP install

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: