Problems with SavSender and DSi

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by h0ser81, Jul 11, 2010.

Jul 11, 2010

Problems with SavSender and DSi by h0ser81 at 7:01 PM (1,864 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. h0ser81
    OP

Member h0ser81 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Alright so yesterday I went to NYC for the Dragon Quest IX release party at the Nintnedo World Store. I picked up my copy of DQIX and brought it home. I of course grabbed the leaked rom when it became available and now I want to transfer my save file from my Acekard 2i to the retail cart. I downloaded Savsender 1.1b and set up everything per the wiki site. I know netcat is working properly because I can use the verbose option to see the connections being made and I can connect with another pc on my lan and grab the file netcat is offering. Savsender launches fine, connects to the ap fine, but when I start the dump I get the following errors:

Error reading data from server! followed by Error during recv!

Then it takes me back to the press A for dump B for restore options.

Am I missing something? Do I need to change the save file size in AKAIO? Does Savsender not work with DSi's? If it doesn't is there an alternative that will work?

2. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    You cannot change carts on the DSi past the DSi menu. For this reason SavSender doesn't work on the DSi, as you're going to need to eject the Acekard and insert the retail cart. You will need to get an external adapter or use a DS Lite.

3. h0ser81
    OP

Member h0ser81 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Weird, I can swap the cards fine. I have at least got it working to the point where I can dump from a retail card and attempt to write a new save but it seems to be doing no actual writing to the cartridge. Apparently I had a poor port choice. Change my netcat port to 8080 and it's dumping now but just not writing. Also I started a new game and saved on the retail cartridge and when I dumped it to the PC it was only 8k?

4. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    All I know is many have issues with it on the DSi/ DSi XL, but can get it working on the DS Lite.

I know it's been said a few times you can't swap carts, and what you actually end up with is dummy data.

It's like the Acekard firmware update. It contains a DSi file and a DSL file, both are the same except the DSL prompts you to eject the cart. The DSi file works fine on the DS Lite, as it works on both consoles. The DSL file doesn't work on the DSi, when you eject the cart and insert another; it just sits there as it's unable to determine the cart has been inserted.

All I can suggest is you try it using a DS Lite or DS Phat.