Hacking Problems with reformatting, Mac OS X

Macula

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, The loaders etc. that came with my 1g G6 are of no use to me, being a mac person. I've reformatted the drive with disc utility as microsoft fat, (not fat 32), loaded on the two sys. files (into both of the discs that appear when I plug in my card), safetly ejected, ssab'd the thing on green text screen, selected yes, and.... nothing. it's telling me it can't find pbr. WHAT'S PBR??

Please, anyone want to help me rejuvinate this brick?

]v[acula

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is your card actually bricked or are you just having trouble updating the firmware?

If it's actually bricked, you'll need to press START+SELECT+L+R at the green disclaimer screen and erase the internal memory then use MPutility (which is Windows only) to low level reformat the cart.

If you're just having trouble getting it to update the firmware, I'd say you should first confirm that the .sys firmware files were in fact transfered to the cart. I've used my G6 with MacOSX a couple times and I find that on computers where the cart for some reason comes up as two separate drives like on yours, transfering files is totally flakey (and so is ejecting). Plug the U-Disk back in and make sure the .sys files are there, if they're not, keep trying until they are.

...word is bondage...

Macula

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
well, its def on there, I'd still like to know what the PBR thing means, and indeed why the flash shows up twice.

oh, and thanks for the help so far
]v[

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1