Syria
Hello All!

I seem to be having a major problem with installing themes on my vita slim 2000

So i followed these instructions sent to me by a friend

"
Make a folder called PERSONATHEME1
In this folder you need:
theme.xml the BGM.at9 any .png files
Download this version of Red Squirrel's Theme Installer: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5562654/PSVita DB Theme Installer 360 v2.0.zip
Unzip this to a directory.
Open the program by clicking on the EXE (assuming you're windows). It REQUIRES Admin to run, if you are prompted to allow admin, click yes.
On PS Vita/PS TV: Enable HENkaku, Install VITASHELL, start VITAHSELL, enable FTP.
From the top in Box 1. Enter The IP address in the box labeled "HOST" and enter 1337 in the box labeled "PORT". Click Connect
In the log window at the bottom you will see:
Connecting via FTP, please wait... FTPVita Server ready. SUCCESS: Authenticated.
Box 2: Choose an Action - Click the button to "Load a custom theme folder", this will open a folder selection dialog. Select the folder you created back at the beginning called PERSONATHEME1 and click Open.
In section 3. Check Custom Theme Details: You should see all of these fields filled in with correct values for your theme. If any field is not populated or the data doesn't match what is in the theme.xml then you have a syntax error in the XML somewhere. Rebuild the XML.
Next ALWAYS CHECK TO CREATE A BACKUP OF APP.DB....
Section 4. Install Custom Theme: Click the install button. You will see a bunch of log text flash by as each file is copied and the app.db file is modified. Once complete you will see a message in the log window telling you the transfer is complete and to REBOOT THE PS VITA TO APPLY THE CHANGES.
Reboot the vita.
After reboot, enter Settings > Themes > Select the new theme, then exit to home screen. You should see your theme applied."

And after each time i did this. Not a single time did any themes come up on my settings menu after rebooting my vita!

However then i realized that THIS is the problem

"In section 3. Check Custom Theme Details: You should see all of these fields filled in with correct values for your theme. If any field is not populated or the data doesn't match what is in the theme.xml then you have a syntax error in the XML somewhere. Rebuild the XML."

Yet i dont now HOW to rebuild the XML or if there is an error in the XML

What i do now is this

Every time i try to install a theme. Each time ONLY three fields show information:

Date modified
Size
Type

All other fields are BLANK so i now believe that the theme XML is the problem but HOW can that be? Ive tried various themes that others have confirmed as working?

Can anyone help me out here?

westwood

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I also have now a Problem with this APP.
Installings Themes etc working perfect. Also Uninstalling was working. If i now try to uninstall a Theme a get the following error message:

"ERROR: Unable to read from the DB [null]"

Does anyone know what kind of error this is ? And how to solve this ? :/

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Installings Themes etc working perfect. Also Uninstalling was working. If i now try to uninstall a Theme a get the following error message:

You try rebuilding your DB?

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria

Try Reloading a backup of your APP.db SINCE you should have quite a few backups of that already and then make sure you have V2 of Red Squirrels installer! Furthermore remember to go to that java site i have added on the 2nd post, to make sure that you have the latest version of java

BTW to backup your APP.DB save it too ur0:shell/db/ save it here

Last edited by Abu_Senpai,

preacherfox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also get errors when using Theme Installer:

Acquiring app.db file, please wait...
ERROR: Transfer failed!
ERROR: File not found!

i'm using the latest version of Java and Theme Installer. Thanks.

EDIT: rebuilding my db and restarting fixed it.

Last edited by preacherfox,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-