Homebrew Problems with Ninjhax on -9U firmware > 4.5

Myria

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get Ninjhax to work on any firmware newer than 4.5.0-9U that has a -9 browser. In other words, if you start with a 4.5.0-9U console and use a cartridge to upgrade to something newer, getting a version such as 7.2.0-9U, Ninjhax won't start.

The symptoms are that Ninjhax will load the initial installer question, but when it tries to load boot.3dsx, it instead loads the Internet Browser and the Nintendo of America web site. The browser won't accept user input, so you're forced to hard power off, but it isn't frozen.

Is this a known problem with Ninjhax?

cebolleto

Trophies
XP
Country
I think it is, yes
For me it started to fail when I downgraded my console from 9.2 to 4.5 and then created an emunand and updated it to 9.5. After that Ninjhax never worked again, even with emunand on 4.5, 7.1 and 8.1

Myria

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's strange, because it works fine on 4.5.0-9U.

Yes, I also had the same problem on 8.1.0-9U so I had to roll back my sysnand with a 4.5 backup and then install.
Interesting, because that shows that this is a firmware version incompatibility issue rather than specifically a Gateway downgrade issue as previously thought.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system