Problems with my wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by ndsmaster, Jul 22, 2008.

Jul 22, 2008

Problems with my wii by ndsmaster at 4:56 PM (652 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. ndsmaster
    OP

Newcomer ndsmaster Member

United States
    my wii has had some problems. once when i started up super mario galaxy i noticed that mario was running arond in circles uncontrolably even when i was not touching the nunchuck. so i turned of my wii and started it up the day later and even though the super mario galaxy disk had been in the wii all night it still said "the disc could not be read. eject the disc and turn off the power." so i ejected the disc but when i tried to turn off the power it did not turn off so i had to unplug it from the wall.
    has anyond else had this problem?

2. IOS37

Newcomer IOS37 Advanced Member

United States
    Ive had the same problem.
    just unplug the nun chuck and replug it in.

3. Takeshi

Member Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    Did you touch the Nunchuck when booting the Wii? As far as I know, if the analog stick is not centered when booting up (maybe even when connecting it to the Wiimote) it takes the current position as centered, thus when you're not doing anything Mario will run in circles.

Was WiiConnect24 activated when leaving the disc in the Wii? My discs were getting quite warm when it was on and I left them in there. Even warmer than after hours of playing.

4. ndsmaster
    OP

Newcomer ndsmaster Member

United States
    no, my wii wasn't connected to wii connect24 at the time that the problems started