RaulCortez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Well, this one is a little strange, but i'll try to explain and get some help from you guys. Some months ago i successfully softmoded my Wii (3.2) with the Twilight Hack. Got the Homebrew Channel, the Homebrew Launcher, a few emus, and that's it. Nothing fancy, just a simple setup. After some time, i updated the IOS in order to run a few latest backups. That's the last thing i did with it. Everything was perfect.

However, some weeks ago my SD card died and i had to use an old backup of my Wii SD on another SD. It wasn't really an old backup, since the only differences between the backup and the current SD that died, was the WAD files inside the WAD folder. Anyway, this another SD had problems, and caused the Homebrew Channel to load pretty slowly, and none of the apps started.

I purchased a new SD today and transfered the backup files to this new SD. Everything was perfect, until i tried to launch WAD Manager. An error screen with lot's of debugging information showed up. I restarted the Wii and then launched the Homebrew Channel again, but received a pretty scary error: System Files are Corrupt, refer to the bla bla bla.

However, games and other channels run OK (i thought i had bricked the Wii), just the Homebrew channel is fucked up. So, what are your ideas/suggestions, guys? Should i format this new SD and download newer versions of the Homebrew Launcher and other apps?

Or should i clean the Wii and softmod again, with the 4.1 firmware? And if so, how can i do that?

RaulCortez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No one?
sad.gif

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
use bannerbomb and run the latest hackmii installer beta 3.

Install HBC channel from it.

Then update to 4.1 if you want. Just use one of the sticky guides at the top of this forum.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There really is no reason not to upgrade to 4.1 if you do it right, or just use waninkokos firmware upgrader. Have you tried launching the HBC again? I've had the same error launching any channels really quickly after starting the System menu and it's never caused a problem. If all else fails just re-install the HBC.

RaulCortez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can i clean my Wii and install things all over again without problems? I guess you guys are not really understanding my problem.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RaulCortez said:
How can i clean my Wii and install things all over again without problems? I guess you guys are not really understanding my problem.

You don't really need to "clean" your Wii to update anything. Pretty much everything can be installed over. Just properly format your SD card with the SD card formatter tool (should be able to find it in the downloads section or the bootmii section in my guide in my sig.) Then you should be able to just update your Wii to 4.1 officially, then read through my guide and follow one of the ones I link to in it after you understand what you will be using at that point.

RaulCortez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update to 4.1 with the Twilight Hack and HBC on my Wii, with IOS updated used waninkokos tools, won't brick it?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RaulCortez said:
Update to 4.1 with the Twilight Hack and HBC on my Wii, with IOS updated used waninkokos tools, won't brick it?

What specifically did you use of Waninkoko's to "update" your IOS's? IOS downgrader? All that pretty much does is make your IOS's as they would be on a normal 3.2 system. The twilight hack isn't really something installed on your Wii. The only thing of it that actually goes on it is the save file and you can just delete that after using it. An official update shouldn't do anything to the HBC or any cIOS revision installed.

Since you probably do have an old enough Wii the first thing you could do then is run the latest hackmii installer through your current HBC (rename the installer.elf to boot.elf and put it in a folder in your apps folder.) Then have that install the latest HBC and install bootmii to boot2 (if your Wii can't install it to boot2 it will say so.)

If you are able to get bootmii installed to boot2, use it to make a NAND backup of your system and then pretty much NOTHING you do will brick your Wii beyond recovery.

Read through the section on the hackmii installer in my guide to do that. Then just update however you want to and continue.

RaulCortez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
RaulCortez said:

What specifically did you use of Waninkoko's to "update" your IOS's? IOS downgrader? All that pretty much does is make your IOS's as they would be on a normal 3.2 system. The twilight hack isn't really something installed on your Wii. The only thing of it that actually goes on it is the save file and you can just delete that after using it. An official update shouldn't do anything to the HBC or any cIOS revision installed.

Since you probably do have an old enough Wii the first thing you could do then is run the latest hackmii installer through your current HBC (rename the installer.elf to boot.elf and put it in a folder in your apps folder.) Then have that install the latest HBC and install bootmii to boot2 (if your Wii can't install it to boot2 it will say so.)

If you are able to get bootmii installed to boot2, use it to make a NAND backup of your system and then pretty much NOTHING you do will brick your Wii beyond recovery.

Read through the section on the hackmii installer in my guide to do that. Then just update however you want to and continue.

I used the IOS updater to update my IOS to a newer one an be able to run Punch Out, MLB, as well other backups. And that's pretty much all "serious modification" i ever did.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RaulCortez said:
nabster92 said:
RaulCortez said:

I used the IOS updater to update my IOS to a newer one an be able to run Punch Out, MLB, as well other backups. And that's pretty much all "serious modification" i ever did.

Well regardless all that did was install some official IOS's anyways. Just install bootmii as I said and then continue with the rest of the guide to properly update your system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast