• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,825
  • Replies 20
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Dodain47, I went back to try to figure out the causes behind PTM crash. Some references were pulled from Nintendo Homebrew discord channel.

PTM is responsible for (play time, pedometer, and battery manager).
  • [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND/data/<ID0>/sysdata/00010022

Here are a few threads with interest revolving around PTM and Activity Log caches. These don't mean much these days since Nintendo doesn't care what anyone does with their 3DS other than if they're blatantly cheating in online games.
  1. [Release] Cthulhu - app for managing play time, step history and cached icon data
  2. UPDATE: Regarding the recent 3DS banwave
  3. How to put 3DS in "Incognito" mode with GodMode9

Messing up the 3DS firmware by dumping and reinstalling standard built CIAs of HOME Menu.
System titles are supposed to be legit CIAs where they're made with real tickets and are encrypted.

Incorrect region value at offset 0x100 in the [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND/rw/sys/SecureInfo_A|B|C. This usually occurs due to a mishap in region changing.

validusername16 (#9643) said:
05/02/2019 Nintendo Homebrew, #3ds-assistance-1
only two things i know a ptm crash have are wrong secureinfo region byte or needs a d9ctr

The 'd9ctr' he's referring to is the (older) Decrypt9 CTRTransfer. We kinda already saw how that went with the renamed datadata2 and CTRTransfer (Type D9).

Low power battery state.

lily ♪ (#0208) said:
04/06/2020 Nintendo Homebrew, #3ds-assistance-1

Sometimes you can get a ptm crash if your console runs out of battery and you try to charge it back up. It goes away after it's not at -2% battery

So I'm guessing that the crash you got was a one-off crash and won't recur, so there's nothing to worry about.

This could mean your n3DS needs a new battery soon.

Previous incidents of this crash with no follow-up.
A quick search with the term 'ptm' at the Nintendo Homebrew discord channel shows the folks there had several run-ins with this softbrick. In my own words, their interactions regarding PTM crashes can best be described as 'dreadful' or 'apprehensive'.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I had a kinnect.... It blew rotting goat balls