Hacking Problems with my backups and softmii

gotmoobs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have softmii 2.0 installed, and i have wii gator backup launcher .3 gamma installed, and even though NFS underground and COD WaW works, i cannot get MP3, SMG, or lego batman to work, i burned it regular, i changed the iso's to 249, and im running out of idea's why they wont work, i have burned multiple times as well. Anyone have any ideas?

famousginni

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well,
What System Menu do you have?
What are you using to launch the discs? (Disc Channel / Gamma )
Are the games you are burning "patched" (this was required for backup launcher 0.1)
What Preloader hacks have you enabled?
Did SMG, LEGO, and MP3 work before?
Anything else about your Wii which would be helpful to know about?

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Do you have Waninkoko's cIOS rev7 installed? That's probably the best for the Gamma loader. As for SoftMii the games should run through the Disc Channel without any need for IOS patching to 249.

gotmoobs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
famousginni said:
Well,
What System Menu do you have?
What are you using to launch the discs? (Disc Channel / Gamma )
Are the games you are burning "patched" (this was required for backup launcher 0.1)
What Preloader hacks have you enabled?
Did SMG, LEGO, and MP3 work before?
Anything else about your Wii which would be helpful to know about?

I have the 3.2u installed from softmii. I have tried both .3 gamma and Disc Channel to try to do it. I have tried patched and unpatched and burned 2-3 copies of each game. SMG LEGO and MP3 didnt work before, the only 2 working right now is COD WAW and NFS UNDERCOVER.

zant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
works fine for me, softmii 1.0
i do have a side question however. is there a way to enable codes in softmii without using wiigator backuploader? also, is there the phazon beam anywhere code for metroid prime yet? i remember using it on the original disc. THat was very fun XD

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
if it's a black screen telling you this, then you have a pretty crappy media or writter, try to use ImgBurn setting the speed to AUTO

BMasterP

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ive got two burners here in my pc and neither of them can burn dvd's that my wii will read, no matter what media. i have to put them on my mobile hd en take them to my mothers with a new tosiba samsung writer from end 2008
thats really anoying since i can burn all my other backups for my other consoles(xbox/360/ps2)

both of my burners are aged and from 2006, a nec and also a toshiba samsung wont matter what settings in img burn or media it wont read them, it'll give me the same error as you.

so maybe you can check you media or burner

kwf001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had a similar problem with mp3.

Although in your case I believe it is the way you are burning it. Use dvd-r media, preferrably verbatim or taiyo yuden, and burn at the slowest speed possible. I've noticed with my burner if I burn any faster than 2x I get problems.

I got my burner to burn at 1x using media code speed edit, using imgburn, and verifying the disk after the burn.

Also with mp3, I know there was a thread not too long ago where someone said that problems with mp3 are related to a bad production line.

So try and burn it again at the slowest speed possible for your burner. If that still doesn't work, try a different burner or higher quality media.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol