Sportsmaniac1322

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting really frustrated here. Every time I try and start Pokemon FireRed on my EZFlash 3in1 Plus in PSRAM mode, it'll load fine, but when I save and restart my DS it'll say "The save file is deleted" and restart the game. I have "No Multisave" turned on so I don't have to worry about multiple saves. Does that have anything to do with it?

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea same here i was using kingdom hearts chain of memories flashed in nor and mmbn5 in sram and the saves disappeared the battery fine cuase i started a new game and saved and still worked im using gbaxploder .58b

Sportsmaniac1322

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
usually pokemon games are normally run in NOR mode due to size.

If you haven't patched your pokemon game, you can read why and get the pokemon_3in1 patch here:
http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?f=...p;hilit=pokemon
Yeah but since I have the plus version wouldn't it work on PSRAM now since it's double the size?

Also, that patch is for the NDS (like Diamond and Pearl) right? From what I've read it lets you migrate from the GBA games on the 3in1. Does this change anything in the NDS game?

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sportsmaniac1322

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ichigosj said:
nor was what was doubled
Alright I got you now. Will putting it on NOR keep the save file? Also, that patch for the 3in1 is for Diamond and Pearl and is just used for migrating, right? If so, does it change anything in the DP game other than that?

EDIT: I just copied FireRed to NOR. I then shut off and turned on my DS again and chose the GBA option. I went through the opening of FireRed and saved right away. I restarted my DS, chose the GBA option again and it says the save file has been deleted and starts me over. What's the problem here?

Sportsmaniac1322

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
they doubled the size of the NOR and not the PSRAM, PSRAM is still the same as the previous version.

you can also manually load a save file you got for the pokemon game to the cart and see if that fixes your issue.
So basically I need to play it once in VBA or something similar and put it on my microSD and see if it works?

aphirst

Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've been having this problem with the entire Pokemon series and with the Advance Wars games. The only commonality I can see with the two is that they both use FLASH as the original Save Type (128KB and 64KB respectively).
"People" say that you should always patch these games with either the EZ4Client or the 3in1Tool, but I just did, and I still experience the problem (play, save, load another game, load original game, save file is gone).
Frankly, I'm at a loss. All my other ROMs seem to work and save fine. :'(

*wants Pokemon*
smileipb2.png

EDIT: I'll point out that my 3in1 is a Version 2, not a Plus; and that I'm using the AKAIO Acekard Internal GBA Loader.

Oh, and Pokemon *should* be able to be ran from PSRAM, because it's a 16MB game (less if it's trimmed/patched), and the PSRAM is 16MB. And I get this problem with NOR mode as well, actually. :'(

Sportsmaniac1322

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
aphirst said:
I've been having this problem with the entire Pokemon series and with the Advance Wars games. The only commonality I can see with the two is that they both use FLASH as the original Save Type (128KB and 64KB respectively).
"People" say that you should always patch these games with either the EZ4Client or the 3in1Tool, but I just did, and I still experience the problem (play, save, load another game, load original game, save file is gone).
Frankly, I'm at a loss. All my other ROMs seem to work and save fine. :'(

*wants Pokemon*
smileipb2.png

EDIT: I'll point out that my 3in1 is a Version 2, not a Plus; and that I'm using the AKAIO Acekard Internal GBA Loader.

Oh, and Pokemon *should* be able to be ran from PSRAM, because it's a 16MB game (less if it's trimmed/patched), and the PSRAM is 16MB. And I get this problem with NOR mode as well, actually. :'(
That sounds exactly the same as my problem. I've never heard of this before, and no one's suggestions has solved the problem. Should I contact DealWoot and have them replace the 3in1? I'm pretty sure it has to be a faulty unit here.

aphirst

Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What would be helpful is that people who aren't having a problem saving Pokemon/Advance Wars/Final Fantasy Tactics should reply saying *exactly* what they did to get them working. (I've noticed that all the games I can't get working are ones which use FLASH for the save, and are all [E] releases).
I posted about this last night on the EZ forums, lets hope that it gets read.
tongue.gif

If there are a substantial number of others with the games working, we can work out from what patching they did and from what Slot-1 they used where the problem lies.

My Post on the EZ Forums

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Try a couple of pure clean GBA games (pure=with no intro) in NOR mode with GBAexploader 0.58b. Of course you have to try some that has the same save type like SMA 4, F-zero climax, Calciobit.
If saves works then it's only a problem with your pokemon games not a hardware failure.

Also you can check the battery inside the ez 3in1. You should read 3v.

Evilmaster1985

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I hope this helps in any way.
I used fire red version and played for a bit.
(The game was loaded into NOR mode)
After I was done playing I saved the game and rebooting the NDS.
Then I always do the following things:

Start GBA Exploader Press B press - R trigger - Press B.

Ive always been doing this after playing all games.
Guess Im a bit to affraid to lose my save files
tongue.gif

But havent had any trouble with losing savegames yet tho.

If I want to play again I just load the game to NOR and start playing and it loads the savegame perfect.
Doesnt mather if I play other gba games or play NDS games after saving and playing fire red.

Please note: I have Multi save DISABLED.
Also note: Iam pretty sure my battery still works.

Greetz, Vistabuser.

Sportsmaniac1322

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ccosmos said:
Try a couple of pure clean GBA games (pure=with no intro) in NOR mode with GBAexploader 0.58b. Of course you have to try some that has the same save type like SMA 4, F-zero climax, Calciobit.
If saves works then it's only a problem with your pokemon games not a hardware failure.

Also you can check the battery inside the ez 3in1. You should read 3v.
I just tried Minish Cap. Turns out that game works great. So I don't know what the deal is with Pokemon. Any ideas?

EDIT: I just tried the Pokemon game from the built in EZ 3in1 Plus feature (the new firmware update) and it worked perfectly. I need GBA Exploader to work though since my friend only has an EDGE (the 3in1 is for him). What is it that makes the CycloDS loader work and GBA Exploader not work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16