Problems with Keeping Saves

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by Sportsmaniac1322, Jan 21, 2009.

Jan 21, 2009
  1. Sportsmaniac1322
    OP

Member Sportsmaniac1322 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I'm getting really frustrated here. Every time I try and start Pokemon FireRed on my EZFlash 3in1 Plus in PSRAM mode, it'll load fine, but when I save and restart my DS it'll say "The save file is deleted" and restart the game. I have "No Multisave" turned on so I don't have to worry about multiple saves. Does that have anything to do with it?

2. triassic911

Member triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    This also happens to me. How do I fix it?

3. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
  4. Santee

Member Santee Jalapeño

United States
    yea same here i was using kingdom hearts chain of memories flashed in nor and mmbn5 in sram and the saves disappeared the battery fine cuase i started a new game and saved and still worked im using gbaxploder .58b

5. Sportsmaniac1322
    OP

United States
    Yeah but since I have the plus version wouldn't it work on PSRAM now since it's double the size?

Also, that patch is for the NDS (like Diamond and Pearl) right? From what I've read it lets you migrate from the GBA games on the 3in1. Does this change anything in the NDS game?

6. Santee

Member Santee Jalapeño

United States
    nor was what was doubled

7. Sportsmaniac1322
    OP

United States
    Alright I got you now. Will putting it on NOR keep the save file? Also, that patch for the 3in1 is for Diamond and Pearl and is just used for migrating, right? If so, does it change anything in the DP game other than that?

EDIT: I just copied FireRed to NOR. I then shut off and turned on my DS again and chose the GBA option. I went through the opening of FireRed and saved right away. I restarted my DS, chose the GBA option again and it says the save file has been deleted and starts me over. What's the problem here?

8. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    they doubled the size of the NOR and not the PSRAM, PSRAM is still the same as the previous version.

you can also manually load a save file you got for the pokemon game to the cart and see if that fixes your issue.

9. Sportsmaniac1322
    OP

United States
    So basically I need to play it once in VBA or something similar and put it on my microSD and see if it works?

10. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    sometimes that works.

11. Sportsmaniac1322
    OP

United States
    Alright I got it working using the VBA method. Do I have to do this for every game I play? Seems like a pain. I should just be able to start a game and save, right?

12. how_do_i_do_that

Antarctica
    I had 2 games do this before and that was on the v1 of the 3in1. There are also some games that just refuse to use a save file from a the previous 3in1 version, in that case I just made a dummy file and saved to it to fill it up.

13. Sportsmaniac1322
    OP

United States
    Alright the VBA thing worked at first but I just realized that when I save again it'll take me right back to where my 1st VBA save was. What's the issue here? This has to be a faulty 3in1. It won't hold a save!

14. aphirst

Member aphirst "Aren't girls with pee-pees just men?"

Germany
    I've been having this problem with the entire Pokemon series and with the Advance Wars games. The only commonality I can see with the two is that they both use FLASH as the original Save Type (128KB and 64KB respectively).
    "People" say that you should always patch these games with either the EZ4Client or the 3in1Tool, but I just did, and I still experience the problem (play, save, load another game, load original game, save file is gone).
    Frankly, I'm at a loss. All my other ROMs seem to work and save fine. :'(

*wants Pokemon* [​IMG]

EDIT: I'll point out that my 3in1 is a Version 2, not a Plus; and that I'm using the AKAIO Acekard Internal GBA Loader.

Oh, and Pokemon *should* be able to be ran from PSRAM, because it's a 16MB game (less if it's trimmed/patched), and the PSRAM is 16MB. And I get this problem with NOR mode as well, actually. :'(

15. Sportsmaniac1322
    OP

United States
    That sounds exactly the same as my problem. I've never heard of this before, and no one's suggestions has solved the problem. Should I contact DealWoot and have them replace the 3in1? I'm pretty sure it has to be a faulty unit here.

16. aphirst

Member aphirst "Aren't girls with pee-pees just men?"

Germany
    What would be helpful is that people who aren't having a problem saving Pokemon/Advance Wars/Final Fantasy Tactics should reply saying *exactly* what they did to get them working. (I've noticed that all the games I can't get working are ones which use FLASH for the save, and are all [E] releases).
    I posted about this last night on the EZ forums, lets hope that it gets read. [​IMG]

If there are a substantial number of others with the games working, we can work out from what patching they did and from what Slot-1 they used where the problem lies.

My Post on the EZ Forums

17. Sportsmaniac1322
    OP

United States
    Has anyone figured this out yet? I really need to get this working. Does anyone think that my EZ-Flash is faulty? If so, I'll demand my money back from DealWoot.

18. Mbmax

Member Mbmax Homebrew addicted

Antarctica
    Try a couple of pure clean GBA games (pure=with no intro) in NOR mode with GBAexploader 0.58b. Of course you have to try some that has the same save type like SMA 4, F-zero climax, Calciobit.
    If saves works then it's only a problem with your pokemon games not a hardware failure.

Also you can check the battery inside the ez 3in1. You should read 3v.

19. Evilmaster1985

Member Evilmaster1985 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Alright I hope this helps in any way.
    I used fire red version and played for a bit.
    (The game was loaded into NOR mode)
    After I was done playing I saved the game and rebooting the NDS.
    Then I always do the following things:

Start GBA Exploader Press B press - R trigger - Press B.

Ive always been doing this after playing all games.
    Guess Im a bit to affraid to lose my save files [​IMG]
    But havent had any trouble with losing savegames yet tho.

If I want to play again I just load the game to NOR and start playing and it loads the savegame perfect.
    Doesnt mather if I play other gba games or play NDS games after saving and playing fire red.

Please note: I have Multi save DISABLED.
    Also note: Iam pretty sure my battery still works.

Greetz, Vistabuser.

20. Sportsmaniac1322
    OP

United States
    I just tried Minish Cap. Turns out that game works great. So I don't know what the deal is with Pokemon. Any ideas?

EDIT: I just tried the Pokemon game from the built in EZ 3in1 Plus feature (the new firmware update) and it worked perfectly. I need GBA Exploader to work though since my friend only has an EDGE (the 3in1 is for him). What is it that makes the CycloDS loader work and GBA Exploader not work?