Problems with Gateway 2.2 setup

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by xeen, Jun 4, 2014.

1. xeen
    OP

xeen Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Hello every1,

ive been a silent reader for ages, now that the bricking problems with gw are done i ordered one.

i recived it and tried to set it up but i got a few problems, hopefully u can help me :)

i used the blue card, backed up my nand, formated the emunand and than i cant go any further :(

when i go to ds profile, it starts the ds profile (i kept holding the L button) - but it doesnt start the gateway mode anymore.
    when im on the card button and press select, i also dont see the games on my microsd in the redcard anymore.

i hope this was understandable and u can help me

best regards :)
    xeen

2. elcravo

elcravo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Did you already try to update your emunand? Maybe you accidently updated your real nand.

3. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    try running the DS profile installer again,sounds like you have uninstalled the exploit by running a ds game or something

4. xeen
    OP

xeen Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2014
    Gambia, The
    thanks for the replys guys

it says my firmware is still 4.5.10-10E

ok how do i do this ?
    just load the bluecard in and reinstall?

sry for the stupid questions, i dont wanna brick or ruin my ds :)

5. Nurio

Nurio That Kirby fan

Mar 31, 2009
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    Yep! Just reinstall with the blue card.
    Any time you use a DS game, it will uninstall the hack, so to speak. So you'll need to reinstall the hack after every time you've played a DS game.

6. xeen
    OP

xeen Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2014
    Gambia, The

ok thanks :D ive never heared of that
    i used to copy my preinstalled monsterhunter 3 ultimate back on the hacked nand file, did this cause the crash too?

7. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    its just if you run any NDS/DSI or GBA game/flashcard whilst in system nand (you can only play them in system nand anyway) but if you run anything that runs in NDS mode it will cause the profile exploit to be removed, all you need to do is pop the blue card back in and install it again

8. CFallenleaf

CFallenleaf GBAtemp Fan

Mar 19, 2010
    United States
    Fyi after you get gateway working the games wont show up unless you press select

9. xeen
    OP

xeen Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2014
    Gambia, The
    ok thanks alot

do i have to do everything again (format sd card, start emunand etc) or just insert the blue card, let it run and everything is fine again?

cuz i cant backup my sd card right now...

10. Count Duckula

Count Duckula .

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    You just need to launch the blue card again and run the normal gateway installer like you did originally.

The exploit uses a 'corrupt' DS mode profile. If you run anything DS mode (DS game etc) it will detect the corruption and recreate the DS mode profile. Running the gateway isntaller again via the blue card is all that is needed to get gateway mode working again.

11. CFallenleaf
    This message by CFallenleaf has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Jun 6, 2014, Reason: One word posts are not acceptable.
    Jun 5, 2014
  12. xeen
    OP

xeen Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2014
    Gambia, The
    thanks alot guys :D
    didnt know its that easy to fix

than i got another question...
    my real nand is still 4.5
    my emunand is too

so i go into gateway mode, go into options, and just update via internet (connect thru wifi) and than i can play all the games that need a higher firmware? :D

i have heared u gotta be careful when u update cuz sometimes u get kicked out of gateway mode, if u havent accepted the internet agreement before? (i havent done anything in the internet before with my ds)

13. dakit

dakit Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2007
    If you go into System Settings whilst in emuNAND and then exit the Settings, when the 3DS Main Menu loads it will be the System NAND and have to go back into Gateway.

The safest way to update emuNAND is to go into System Settings, verify that you're in emuNAND by seeing the "GW3D" version number and update firmware version without ever leaving System Settings. If you do have to accept an Internet Agreement, I don't think it boots you out of System Settings but just to be sure, it would be safest to check that you're still on a "GW3D" version number. Then you can proceed with the system update.